·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think this picture confirms some of the initial rumors regarding the creature comforts:

- cruise control
- heated grips
- heated seat
- electrically adjustable windshield
- ESA

Notably missing is the radio option. However, is it an optical illusion, or is that a compartment on the right fairing shelf that looks similar to the RT's radio compartment?

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
eljeffe said:
I think this picture confirms some of the initial rumors regarding the creature comforts:

- cruise control
- heated grips
- heated seat
- electrically adjustable windshield
- ESA

Notably missing is the radio option. However, is it an optical illusion, or is that a compartment on the right fairing shelf that looks similar to the RT's radio compartment?

I would expect the radio (if there is one) to be mounted on the left.. It would be pretty awkward and dangerous to remove your right hand to change the radio... I also don't see any place for the speakers... It looks like I will have to wait for the next LT.

I expect integrated GPS with a full stereo that can handle both an IPOD and satelite radio and integrated bluetooth for a cell phone..

·
Registered
910 Posts
Wow, gull-wing bars! And hooded tach and speedo. Can you say cockpit? And the tach looks like it red-lines at 10,000 vs. 11,000 for the K-R/S. Given the fairing seems to be controversial (shouldn't the big seam be raked aft?); the design group might be given an "A+" on the design of the instruments and bars. Now that I've seen the bike from back/front/sides/and cockpit it seems to me there is a synergy of shapes that meld well together for a nicely modern and integrated appearance.

Looks like the rider's area should be an enjoyable place to spend a few hours at a time!

Miles

·
Registered
896 Posts
The bike is a home run... A True GT, vs the old one which really was a RS with a couple of items tacked on. This one was designed to be a Tourer from the start. Still glad I got my S

·
Registered
504 Posts
The GT looks like a complete package. Very nice.

I'm interested in the 800 ST. Looks a ton lighter then the GT and is no doubt capable over the longer hauls.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Very nice bike...

This is the bike I've been waiting for. I plan on riding my current GT for at least 2 more years and will look forward to picking up a nice low mile used bike of new KGT line. I can't wait to test ride that bike.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FYI: One of the little birdies that feeds me little tidbits about BMW says that the compartment on the right is for the radio and that the same audio system used by the R1200RT will be available as an option for the K1200GT

·
Registered
134 Posts
did we avoid the hideous tank bag attachment that the R1200RT has?

Now I saw pictures of one that looked Ivory metallic. Make that color and I will own one

·
Registered
312 Posts
"Grand Touring" but not "Sport Touring".

It's a nice looking touring bike. But does anyone think this will keep up with the earlier GT's? From what I can gather this is more like an LT then its predecessor? My GT is an RS with a couple of touring amenities thrown on. That is why I bought it. This is more like a lighter weight variant of the LT?
Seating position is as upright as you would be on a Gold Wing or a Roadmaster. Is this really a sport tourer? Is it meant to be a sport tourer? I dunno. As much as I think this is a pretty bike I think it leaves an even larger hole in the total BMW lineup. If I was to do it over again I would still probably pick the older variant GT over this bike if they were in the same lineup. Still speculation though......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts