BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks Mike for the pics. It would appear that the third photo is a black machine. Very nice. Hope I can get it with a black seat.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hate to tell ya - that's another shot of the burgundy bike.... Check yer monitor....

Reminds me of the 78 Olds Cutlass Supreme Brougham I learned to drive..........

alow

·
Registered
186 Posts
Naw, gonna take me some time to get used to that new look.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I like it a little more every time I see it. Gonna have to have alot more "looks" before I buy one but -----I'm getting there!

I owned two K1200RS's for years then owned a K1200S for a short time (just wasn't the bike for me), sold it and had decided to wait for the K1200GT.

I can tell you that the new in-line 4 with 150hp, new front suspension and ESA will all likely perform like a dream on a long-legged Sport Tourer.

I'm sure that one ride will be all it takes to push anyone who is seriously interested "over the hump".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Decisions?

I hear you guys, I was really disappointed with the new GT when I first saw it, but it is really growing on me, and I am sure, the demo ride will be the large deciding factor. I really don't want to go back to an RT, even though I like the looks of the RT, I dont like the way it performs at low speeds. I just dont know what to do with the K1200S, I am still in love with its looks and performance, but really need something for long, 2 up days if I want to keep peace with the better half and keep riding as much as we do! And the blue GT is looking better and better, maybe I could do the Zebra treatment, like the 03-04 Blue-White RS, I think that is one of the greatest looking bikes BMW has ever made! Anyone know when they will actually be in the dealers for demo rides??

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lucky88 said:
Naw, gonna take me some time to get used to that new look.

Maybe there will be an immediate market for "aftermarket fairings" to rub out the angles...............

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm already in line.

IMO

This bike will be a big hit. As a total package, like the KS, It'll out perform everything else going. And once seen in the flesh, all discussion about design weakness will disappear.

Having owned several BMW's along the way, including a brief KS marriage, I'm looking forward to this bike. My hunch is it'll encapsulate everything I enjoy about motorcycling, and do it faster, smother and sexier than anything I can imagine.

I gave serious thought to the FJR, and I'm glad it didn't materialize into ownership. It would have been one more bike to sell. Personally speaking, of course, BMW has my vote for being the best.

Hope everyone is having a great fall. This week in FL we're riding in the low 80's!

Cheers!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One more pic

This one from the Milan show. Like the accessory on this one.....

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts