BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although the race might have been a bit processional, I found it very interesting the way the eventual winner rode the race. Very patient and calculating. Very unlike him.

And it looks like Ducati might be looking toward next year and the change of displacement already?

·
Registered
218 Posts
JCW said:
Although the race might have been a bit processional, I found it very interesting the way the eventual winner rode the race. Very patient and calculating. Very unlike him.

And it looks like Ducati might be looking toward next year and the change of displacement already?

I agree on both counts. The race was a bit "processional" (at least after half the field tried and/or succeeded in high-siding in the opening laps). As for the winner, I wonder if he is maturing finally. If so, and if he stays healthy, he could present the rest of the field with challenge. I would also like to see a certain wild haired Italian get over his "win it or bend it" approach and start finishing some races! It would be nice to see the Championship as a 3 or 4 horse race at the end of the season.

And I do think that Ducati is looking at the future. It looks like Rossi is not comfortable on the GP11 - even if it's basically the same bike Stoner won 3 of the last 6 on last year. It will be interesting to see if he has success next year with the GP12 - a bike he has had a hand in developing.

*Any opinion expressed herein is presented with the firm understanding that the author is an escaped mental patient who's understanding of the world is skewed by prescription drugs and too much sugar in his diet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts