BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From motogp.com

Hope it's in HD!!

Warning... The British Open is being broadcast before the race and if it goes into extra innings the race will be delayed.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Oregon_Rider said:
Warning... The British Open is being broadcast before the race and if it goes into extra innings the race will be delayed.
I hope it's not blacked out here in the Bay Area. I'd love to be able to watch it without having to deal with the traffic and the wacked out weather on the coast.

·
Registered
505 Posts
carnadero said:
I hope it's not blacked out here in the Bay Area. I'd love to be able to watch it without having to deal with the traffic and the wacked out weather on the coast.
The press release states that ABC is showing the program on 7/30. You can watch it live on Speed.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Kneedragger said:
The press release states that ABC is showing the program on 7/30. You can watch it live on Speed.
Oh! My bad. I just glanced at the first paragraph and didn't go any further. :p

Unfortunately, the Speed Channel is on Comcast's (ptui) "Premiere Tier" so I, of the $50 Expanded Basic subscription suckers, can't get it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's on a week after the race

My bad... I did not carefully read the article either. ABC's coverage is delayed by a week.

FWIW, I just received "The Doctor, The Tornado and The Kentucky Kid" preview edition.

It is awesome and if you're seriously into MotoGP you MUST see this before the 23rd. It chronicles Rossi, Edwards and Hayden in preparation for the race... way before they arrived at Laguna. They talk about the track, techniques, competition.

Just to hear them talk about each turn at Laguna as the on-board cameras go through them is worth the money.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The Speed channel coverage is the best, but now some of my tighter friends can see what they're missing by not having Speed channel. MotoGP has to be some of the best racing action on tube.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Telepathetic
440 Posts
The weather was great last year at the track. Then again, maybe I've lived up north so long I don't recognize CA coastal weather as being bad.

·
Registered
651 Posts
milkman said:
As a Bay Area resident you should already know the drill - in the summer anywhere near the coast it can go from cold and foggy during the evening and early morning to warm during the afternoon, and then back to cold as the fog rolls back in. So you feel chilly in the morning, warm up and shed the extra layers after lunch, then begin to get chilled again when the fog rolls in around dusk. Other people might think it to be quaint, but I still hate it even after 40+ years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts