BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Has anyone found a good way to mount a GPS and radar detector to a K1200GT? (03) Without blocking view of the gauges? Thanks :confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
mount for radar detector

I just installed a mount made by Zetechnic on my 99 K12RS and am very pleased with the fit, install & functionallity. They are sold at most of the BMW dealers as well as online. Should cost you about $75.
Allen

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
GadgetGuy.com stuff is on mine. I can see all the gauges fine. Radar is above the left clutch master on a removable Garmin mount. GPS sits in the middle (had Nav II+ and now a Zumo 550). The right side has the GXM-30 antenna mounted. Genna has some photos on his website. Stuff isn't cheap (it's machined aluminum from same company who machines the Brembo brake stuff). Looks good, secure, and is fully adjustable and transferable to another sport bike.

Fwiw, the dash shelves won't work on the new Aeroflow screens as the black dash on the GT is replaced with their laminar flow screen.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Not sure what I'll end up with but I have a mount that mounts on the bandlebar via the unused bolt hole for the mirror that isn't used. I also have the BMW mount and I have a Big Mac shelf.

What I'm planning at this time is to try out a couple of different fittings to see what works best. I figure I'll mount the Zumo on the mount between the handlebars. If I can get the Big Mac mounted OK with my CalSci windscreen then I'll mount my XM Puck on that. For the radar detector I'll either mount it on the Big Mac shelf or on the separate mount on the handlebars.

I should have all my components in within the next couple of days and the bike should be back from its first checkup. At that point I'll see where things go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts