BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. been riding a K 1200 GT and it’s time to go to something new I am getting older want to have something that my wife is comfortable on. The question is do I go to a 1600 GT or do I go to a GTL? interested in the experience by year of production and your thoughts in the difference between riding each. I like to ride briskly and occasionally still like to be aggressive. Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok. I have been on both. The GT is the ticket. I dragged a peg or two on the GTL. Just normal riding like on the 1200.

‘’Amy needed mods for 18 or up?

·
Registered
64 Posts
What do you think about the weight? I love the K1200S weight and size. Going to a bike that is almost 200 pounds heavier, gives me pause.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick question. been riding a K 1200 GT and it’s time to go to something new I am getting older want to have something that my wife is comfortable on. The question is do I go to a 1600 GT or do I go to a GTL? interested in the experience by year of production and your thoughts in the difference between riding each. I like to ride briskly and occasionally still like to be aggressive. Thanks for your thoughts.
Ok. I have been on both. The GT is the ticket. I dragged a peg or two on the GTL. Just normal riding like on the 1200.

‘’Amy needed mods for 18 or up?
I have been on both. Gt never touched peg. When driving gtl never did either, but did not push it near a shared. Good feedback. Thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you think about the weight? I love the K1200S weight and size. Going to a bike that is almost 200 pounds heavier, gives me pause.
I have decided to keep the k1200 GT and put on olhlin’s EAS compatible shocks, old ones are shot. The ride this one with wife.

weight on gtl is a bit much, top heavy I noted until moving. if wife is not with me will remove the bags and see how that helps.

Fortunately, the weight is not too much for me. At least yet.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a K1200s that I bought after buying my K1600GA/B. Love the Handling of both but the 1200 is effortless to ride a lot less weight then I kept reading about how more refined the 1300s are so with lots of shopping yesterday I bought a beautiful K1300GT with 27000 miles on it I only rode it for 4 miles at purchase but I could tell right away the clutch was better no noises from the clutch sitting in neutral with the clutch out.
also no clunk when going from neutral into 1st gear
Single operating turn signals instead of 3. I need to ride the 1300GT back to back with my 1200S to see how much heavier the GT feels but right now they feel about the same

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts