BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I will move to switzerland within the next 3 month. Anyone has some advice what internet provider I should go for. Most likely I be based in Zurich but I will be on the road alot. Thanks in advance. S.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi there Mate,

So you are coming to the land flowing with milk and money....well less money now that UBS is basically broke.

There are 3 providers (in order of size):

Swisscom (Ex Gov't) here
Sunrise here
Orange here

The pricing of all three are more or less the same. The main difference is if you have family in CH, or long distance c alls, that type of stuff. Internet costs about CHF40.-pm, landline CHF25.- pm + calls.

If you are on the road a lot, then I would strongly suggest the 3G (no, not the iPhone) internet for your lappy etc. The coverage is excellent along the main corridors, and pretty good until you get up in the smallest valleys.

What sort of bike do you ride? Have you been in CH before? Where are you moving from?

Hope this helps.

Bloke

·
Registered
1 Posts
Moving made easy

Gruzi When I moved to Swiss I had lots of trouble find the right DSL Provider. Have a look at DSL provider in Switzerland was a great help to me. But basically there are 4 major players. Swisscom, Sunrise, Cablecom and Orange. All of them are more less the same, however they vary greatly in price.Best of luck, Blatent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts