BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came to the conclusion yesterday that while the standard screen is fine for Aroadwork it's not up to the job of high speed motorway munching. MRA seem to have the best recommendations and I've had a double screen before on my old bike so am familiar with the added protection they provide. But what about these vario sports touring screens?

Any views either way as to how effective they are. BTW I'm 5' 11" average build so the wind blast on the standard screen is hitting me plumb on the helmet and my shoulders although my chest is out of the airflow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Vario

I have the Vario and am 6'1". It offers much more protection than the stock screen and is adjustable. However, for me it adds a little but more noise the further up I adjust the spoiler. If you remove the spoiler it is basically the MRA race version. I dig the blacked out lower part that hides the guages. I am back to using the stock screen as I am really sensitive to the noise (even with plugs in). I don't need the extra coverage until next winter. Gonna sell the Vario.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts