BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hat's off to Jerry the Pirate!

I ordered a windscreen from him on Tuesday and it was waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday...I think he must have jumped on his MV Agusta
and delivered in person!

I didn't even have a chance to break it to wife gently...geesh thanks Jerry!

:hanged

I'll try to post a pic of it later on today...she hasn't seen the tank pads yet, but she busted me on the clear front signals the other day. She's asks "so when did you get the clear lenses"...uh, they came in the other day. "how much were they?"...uh, I think they were around $30 or $40 bucks. I have to
get better at keeping it covered up in the garage!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Man I feel for you.. My wife doesn't notice anything short of a new bike! FYI I also got the MRA screen. Here's a tip: The little METAL clips that hold on the rubber trim are a real bitch to put on and WILL scratch the windscreen if you aren't really careful. I'll post a picture later on my solution, which looks better and cost $5.00 :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Erik,

Those clips are a bitch to get on, but I prevailed at the end of the day with no scratches.

:)

Friday is my work from home today...;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Erik said:
Man I feel for you.. My wife doesn't notice anything short of a new bike! FYI I also got the MRA screen. Here's a tip: The little METAL clips that hold on the rubber trim are a real bitch to put on and WILL scratch the windscreen if you aren't really careful. I'll post a picture later on my solution, which looks better and cost $5.00 :)
Huh it must be a guy thing... I didn't have a problem at all putting on those little clips. Must be my small hands and taking the time to work them on that made the difference... hehehe

I don't know if you guys have already seen the Corbin windscreens for the "S" they are made of carbon fiber... check them out at http://www.corbin.com/bmw/k1200smug.shtml

Later, Shelley

·
Registered
141 Posts
WoW that looks great... Plus I love the new clear lens on the front! I need to stay off this site and others as my list just gets long & long of things I want to add to the bike!!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Check with Jerry the Pirate - awesome customer service. I think he does carry the clear front lenses. For bulbs, it takes a 921 type bulb, which can be had for $3.99 (chrome dome), supposed to be 40% brighter than stock at http://autolumination.com/906.htm

You can thank Erik for the bulbs...he found em', dirt cheap and they look nice.

We need to do a group purchase for the front fender extenders from Nippy Norman to save $$$ on shipping from the U.K. My radiator guards always are
covered with road grime. So if anyone's going to purchase from Nippy Norman,
let us know and maybe we can save a little $$$

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shelley said:
Huh it must be a guy thing... I didn't have a problem at all putting on those little clips. Must be my small hands and taking the time to work them on that made the difference... hehehe

I don't know if you guys have already seen the Corbin windscreens for the "S" they are made of carbon fiber... check them out at http://www.corbin.com/bmw/k1200smug.shtml

Later, Shelley
Lol...if it were not for my wife, I wouldn't have been able to do many of my mods. She even helped me do the valve adjustments on my previous bikes.
She's much more coordinated than I am and can figure out how things go, when I can't - she's a keeper!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
141 Posts
sportrider said:
Lol...if it were not for my wife, I wouldn't have been able to do many of my mods. She even helped me do the valve adjustments on my previous bikes.
She's much more coordinated than I am and can figure out how things go, when I can't - she's a keeper!:rolleyes:
Yep sometimes it does work better to think about it and not use brute force! We have a tire changer here at the house and when all the guys in our club (BMW RimRiders of Az.) come over to use it, I have to stand there and make sure they don't use to much force. At certain times as they can bend a rim if they are not careful. I tell ya, they love using that tire changer even if they have to listen to me bark at them for using BRUTE FORCE, as it save them close to 200.oo bucks for a set of tires per change!!!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hey John: did you do anything about the MRA Logo?? I didn't much like the silver lettering showing through the front so I removed the silver faced tape and put black electical tape on instead, Voila no silver lettering. And what I did for the trim on the windscreen was to get some Black rubber door edge trim from Pep Boys instead of that off grey looking stuff I think it looks more, as if it belongs..

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the same MRA on mine and it looks great! I however think that it looks a bit cheap having the black/silver faced duct tape on the inside of the windshield. Couldn't they have come up with something a bit more elegant?

BTW, the Corbin screen is at this address: http://www.corbin.com/bmw/k12scarbon.shtml. Not sure I like that one! Looks unwieldy if you ask me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts