BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow K-GT riders
I bought some used MV bar risers and they were attached to the triple crown yoke. I'm sure they just put them on any old way just to bolt them down for shipping cos they were on upside down.
In my pic it shows the riser and a square spacer. I assume it goes between the riser and the crown EXCEPT that it doesn't slide in place. It is a hair too wide on each riser.

Am I correct where the square spacer goes and I just need to sand the edge down just a bit? Or am I way off?

Your help is much appreciated.

LDM

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bar risers

Luc,
I had looked at that very pic several times. After I took the square washers to the shop and used the grinder to take a very small portion off so that I could slide them into the riser groove I learned something. It just didn't fit right. It raised the risers up and created a small gap on the triple tree side that isn't shown in the website pic. I'll bolt them up without the square washers, I think it'll work fine.

BTW, I emailed MV for instructions and they returned 2 sets, one in German (duh) and one translated to english, NO PICS. The translation to english was so bad it was useless. I emailed again asking for pictures and they have not returned my request.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts