BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on Pirates' site where if you install the MV Verholen Peg Lowering Kit that you also should probably get the foot Shift-Lever extension (as well as the Brake Pedal extension, whenever it becomes available) because the lowered pegs stick out a bit further and therefore shifting becomes a bit harder because the shifter is further in-board as compared to the foot's position on the new lower peg.

In other words, with the lower peg kit installed, the rider has to angle the front of his foot inwards in order to have enough/proper contact with the shifter.

Does anyone else here have a larger foot (i.e., size 12/13 or larger) and find that the Verholen peg lowering kit necessitates the installation of the shift-lever extension? I'd be interested to read the experience of others whose feet might be a different size also.

Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I didn't need the extension, I have an 11.5 boot size. (Not clown feet by any standard and I still didn't feel the need.)

·
Registered
418 Posts
I only have a size 8 boot but need the shift extension. Beats the pidgeon toe-in shifting action. Maybe for larger foot sizes (10 and up) you might not need this extension.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts