BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Well on the 12th of October 2 of my friends and myself were riding to the Salt River Canyon when I hit a patch of gravel in the road and wrecked. I am okay for the most part. Messed up my right leg when I hit the guard rail and the bike landed on me. Nothing broken, a bad sprain to my ankle and a "crush injury" to my leg. I am very lucky. My bike is not so lucky from what the shop has said since they completed the estimate, $8400 for my `06 K 12 R ouch!

The worst part so far was dealing with J & S Towing in Globe. They wanted the money in cash before they would release the bike. Even after they were asked if they would tow it to Tucson, they still wanted the $300 in cash for the p/u on Sunday. What a rip. But Iron Horse BMW stepped up and took care of it for me, since I am unable to travel right now.

My thanks go out to Iron Horse and all those who stoped and helped me. I never thought I would have ever been in a situation like that.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
sorry to hear about your mishap. i'm glad your in good enough health to tell your tale. heal up quick.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Gald to hear you're okay. Most towing companies are crooks in my experience so I'm not surprised by the treatment you got from them. Hope you heal quickly and start riding again.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sorry to hear

Accidents happen in a nanosecond - the consequences can seemingly last forever.

Sounds like you'll heal up, and happy to hear that Ironhorse stepped up to help. :ghug:

Yes, and too many towing services act like pirates, though I have had universally good luck using my AAA services when my bike had to be towed.

Food for thought.

Usual disclaimers.

·
Registered
191 Posts
good to hear you survived as well as you did.
it is easy to get hurt when going down.
hope you were wearing protective apparel.
i know it has saved my hide before.
sorry about the bike and the towing experience.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Glad your OK. Regarding towing: DId you call BMW road side assistance? Or does that not work for an accident?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BMW would work, the problem was no cell service and DPS would not allow the bike to. So it basically was impounded.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep that is what the adjuster said this morning he said it books for about $9600 right now. I did ask what the threshold is, and he said 70%

1 - 11 of 11 Posts