BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a problem with my BMW K1200RS. I had its oil changed. The technician filled four (4) liters of oil. (Obviously, excessive oil refill) When I started the engine, I immediately heard some strange sound from the engine and the oil warning at the dash started to blink. Then after running less than 3KM, it suddenly stopped and won't start anymore. The kill switch is off and the side stand is folded. Battery is newly charged and oil filter is new. I think it has something to do with WRONG CHANGING OF OIL. How do I fix this problem?

Please help, I wanna get back on the road.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So... you proceeded to ride with the oil light lite? Did you check the oil level? Did it have any oil?

Subscribed to this one, curious on final disposition...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So... you proceeded to ride with the oil light lite? Did you check the oil level? Did it have any oil?

Subscribed to this one, curious on final disposition...
Yes, I rode a few Kilometers. When I checked the oil level sight glass, the oil was full. I remember, the tech failed to put few oil at the oil filter before installing it. What should be the remedy?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Ouch light on! Light goes on at 5-8 psi.Bike runs at +70psi.

Technician may have left the old oil filter seal up there.And screwed a new filter over that old seal.Guaranteed oil light ON doing such thing.

3 Km without oil pressure?Almost guaranteed engine seizure. OUCH!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Do your own oil changes. Nobody else gives a shit about your machine and when things go wrong, it's your ass on the line way more then when some guy fucks up on your car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If this were my bike, I would make sure there really is oil in the engine. The site glass cane sometimes fool you. either the oil leaked out and I dont think it did because you would have noticed it or the tech forgot to put oil back in. if neither is the case than you'll need to dig into it deeper, good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts