BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just took some more pictures of my black custom painted K12S. I now have over 5k since the end of Oct. Need new tires so I'll be changing them myself in just a few days... The weather hear in Az. has just been great!
New Years Day our club did a 370 mile loop up to the high country, it was just a wonderful ride. Well gotta go play with the bike now.
Later, Shelley

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Looks like you have it set up nice. Like the winglet on the windshield! :)
Enjoy it!!!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Shelley said:
Hi Guys,

Just took some more pictures of my black custom painted K12S. I now have over 5k since the end of Oct. Need new tires so I'll be changing them myself in just a few days... The weather hear in Az. has just been great!
New Years Day our club did a 370 mile loop up to the high country, it was just a wonderful ride. Well gotta go play with the bike now.
Later, Shelley
Shelley, I'm curious how the winglet works and where did you get it? Thanks.

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Shelley said:
Hi Guys,

The weather hear in Az. has just been great!
Hey Shel,

Lucky you. :tim

The weather here is typical January in Ohia, which is to say a mite brisk out.

I did manage to get out for a short ride on the kid's ninja last week though.

Spring will be here soon.

You and Angie doing the MOA in Vermont thing this year ??

tim

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shook sez said:
Hey Shel,

Lucky you. :tim

The weather here is typical January in Ohia, which is to say a mite brisk out.

I did manage to get out for a short ride on the kid's ninja last week though.

Spring will be here soon.

You and Angie doing the MOA in Vermont thing this year ??

tim
Nope we'll be do'in the BMW RA rally in Idaho!!! Then onto Yellowstone and down to the Paonia Rally. What about you?

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Shelley said:
Nope we'll be do'in the BMW RA rally in Idaho!!! Then onto Yellowstone and down to the Paonia Rally. What about you?
Would love to do the Idaho thing, but.

Got a kid heading off to college this Fall. That's gonna put a stop to some of the
long distance stuff.

Still hoping to get out for a couple extended weekend things though.

Talked to Miles the other day, I know that he and Betsy are looking forward to
Idaho....I hear our coffee guy Jerome is running the show there this year.

tim

·
Registered
460 Posts
Wonder why classic black.....

Wonder why classic black isn't a factory option......looks great......If my K1200GT ever needs a painting......it's going to be black......oh yes......

Great looking bike!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Shelley said:
Just took some more pictures of my black custom painted K12S.
Stunning, Shelley. I love black bikes... my KRS and R1 track bike are black. I have been debating painting my grey KS black since the day I bought it... I like the grey... it's so easy to keep clean, but the black is just gorgeous. Now I have now doubt...

·
Registered
531 Posts
fantastic paint job

your bike looks fantastic i don't know why BMW doesn't offer black as a factory color. i'm planning to buy a ks in april when i get home but i won't be able to afford the custom paint job. do you mind providing a ball park figure how much the paint job cost you??? thanks and ride safe

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cost of paint job...

wellcraft said:
your bike looks fantastic i don't know why BMW doesn't offer black as a factory color. i'm planning to buy a ks in april when i get home but i won't be able to afford the custom paint job. do you mind providing a ball park figure how much the paint job cost you??? thanks and ride safe
Well guys I didn't have to pay for the paint job. I purchased the bike that way.

However the guy who had it painted worked at a Porche dealership. The bike was org. a gray S. The price of the paint job was $2000 for Porsche high gloss black paint job that is spectacular. That's why I named her Porsche!
It also came with a FULL Remus titanium exhaust system, ABS, ESA, heated grips, european turn signals in the rear, shifter extender, and Verholen bar risers from Europe that raise the bars about 2 inches,(I never sat so upright on a bike before!!! My back & neck doen't hurt anymore!!!) bags & bag liners.
Once I got the bike home, I also found out that the dealer put in a Tourtech fuse box, wired to the Valentine V1 power accesory unit. So that meant I could wire my V1 and other electric stuff and have it turn off with the key, so I don't have to worry about running the battery down. This bike is so touchy about NOT running the battery down...

I got a fantastic deal on this bike to say the least! You don't even want to know what I paid for it... Yes, it does have a few things I don't like about it but I'll get those sorted out in the near future. The biggest thing I don't like is how the runs in first & second at 2500 RPM's when in heavy traffic. However, I don't mind being stuck in traffic on this bike as I can touch the ground and it's so much lighter then the K-RS! I would just wig-out when riding the RS in heavy traffic. I think I may be able to correct this problem once Wunderlich comes out with it power controller unit.
Now about BMW coming out with a black K-S, No No NO NO... I want to be the only one... hehehehe
Enjoy the ride, Shelley

·
Registered
110 Posts
That is one good looking motorcycle! Fantastic combination with the luggage. Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
178 Posts
shook sez said:

Got a kid heading off to college this Fall. That's gonna put a stop to some of the
long distance stuff.
Hi Tim,

Look on the bright side... when your "kid" finishes college its like a pay rise! Been there and got the T Shirt ;) .

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
shook sez said:

long distance stuff.

Still hoping to get out for a couple extended weekend things though.

Talked to Miles the other day, I know that he and Betsy are looking forward to
Idaho....I hear our coffee guy Jerome is running the show there this year.

tim
Hi Tim,
Well I hope you can make a few of the rallies this year. Hey Paonia isn't to far away maybe we'll see ya there! Yes, Jerome is heading up the RA Rally in Boise! Angie & I and several other members of are club will be helping him! Every time I ride with Jerome in Idaho he leads me into a ride that I don't want to be on!!! Just check out this picture from last year '05 on his Ride to Read Rally in early June. This was the third time we had to ride in SNOW! Last years vacation was not a summer vacation but a Winter wonderland in JUNE!
Later, Shelley

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yup!!

Shelley, great look, dogs, pants and bikes should all be black!!
Best regards,
Lightspeed

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
There's a pill for everything
829 Posts
Ms. Shelley

I remember when you bought that thing and you posted back in October or so. Looks freekin awesome!

I believe there is an update for the software that according to some, most or who really don't(take your pick) know .....claim it works. Ii keep hearing about Vs 5.1??I believe as well.......anyways I am going to get the update this spring with the 12K tune up and a set of tyres

Mmmm..what to run the Pilot Powers, Sport-Tech M1's or the new M3'2?? M1's are a bargain right now anyways Love the bike, cool pipe.........

Tell Angie I said hello and when is the Idaho rally? I think I will route it out and look at that one

Wouldn't mind seeing you, Miles and Jerome

Talk to you soon

Motor

1 - 20 of 33 Posts