BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming off of an LT, the one thing I didn't like was how the cruise control on my new GT would engage. There was about a 1 second lag. I just kinda shrugged my shoulders and chalked it up to just being different...no real big deal.

On my last ride down to North GA, I noticed that the cruise seemed to be engaging quicker. But I figured it was just me getting used to it.

By the time I got back home (about 4K on the odometer), the CC is engaging immediately...just like my old LT. Sweet! This GT fixes itself! I didn't realize it was that smart. Maybe that's part of the CANbus system. ;) :D

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
i have noticed on my "old gt" that depending whitch gear your in has an effect on how the cc operates......maybe the same on the new gt?..."cannabis"...sometimes thats all is needed :cool:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BAK04GT said:
i have noticed on my "old gt" that depending whitch gear your in has an effect on how the cc operates......
No, I'm definitely comparing apples to apples here. I'm talking about when riding in 6th gear, 70mph down the highway. When I first bought the bike, it would take about a full second to engage. I was training myself to keep holding the throttle until the CC caught. Now, I can let go of the throttle immediately (just like my old LT) . . . much to my surprise.

·
The Gov
660 Posts
Cable slack/adjustment?

While on that subject, do you know if there is a correct way to take the slack out of the throttle cable, I have a bunch, not sure whether to tighten both cables at the same time/rate or not.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
philspace said:
Cable slack/adjustment?

While on that subject, do you know if there is a correct way to take the slack out of the throttle cable, I have a bunch, not sure whether to tighten both cables at the same time/rate or not.
Take it to the dealer and have them teach you while they do it. That's what I would do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts