Discussion Starter #1
it's like they "float" in that dash panel.... on a shock-rubber mount

is this normal?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
diggitydogg said:
Yep. Mine did that — I believe it's to absorb vibration.
excellent
i appreciate you letting me know that
makes sense to me

·
Registered
636 Posts
My 06 ESA button on the left grip moves around a bit (vibrates) in its housing. It's like it's missing a spring that it may sit in. Conversely, the computer button on the right grip is rock solid.
Any one else have this with their bike?

Best wishes all.

Ken.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
baytown said:
My 06 ESA button on the left grip moves around a bit (vibrates) in its housing. It's like it's missing a spring that it may sit in. Conversely, the computer button on the right grip is rock solid.
Any one else have this with their bike?

Best wishes all.

Ken.
the ESA button sits much DEEPER in the housing than the BC button
it doesn't feel more solid..... but it protrudes very little from the housing compared to the BC button

·
Registered
279 Posts
Greg -
Just checked mine.
They move a little, like they are supposed to ???

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
GTdavey said:
Just checked mine.
They move a little, like they are supposed to ???
Yes, they are rubber mounted. They are suppose to move. In fact, the LT's move too. Just not as much as the GT's.

ClearwaterBMW said:
the ESA button sits much DEEPER in the housing than the BC button
it doesn't feel more solid..... but it protrudes very little from the housing compared to the BC button
My ESA button protrudes about half of what the BC does. I think this is normal. However, I did have my left side control replaced because the cruise would cancel if you pressed any other control while cruise was activated. I thought it was a little strange how much the ESA button jiggled around with that first controller. I wouldn't be concerned too much though, as long as all the buttons work like they should.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Not sure if my terminology was specific enough.
I have lateral movement of the ESA button, which causes vibration when riding. It looks cheep, when as mentioned, the computer button sits firmly.

Best wishes all.

Ken.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
baytown said:
Not sure if my terminology was specific enough.
I have lateral movement of the ESA button, which causes vibration when riding. It looks cheep, when as mentioned, the computer button sits firmly.

Best wishes all.

Ken.
no....
that isn't then case with my bike

·
Registered
636 Posts
Vibrating ESA button

Bugger!
That makes me feel so much better. Thanks Greg!!!
I wonder if it sits in a spring in the housing and this was missed / not seated properly?
Does any one know if there is a CD parts disk for the new GT yet? (I remember on the prior list of Vics, that we got a disk when we subscribed. It was a good deal!)

Best wishes everyone.

Ken.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts