BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home from CCR, I was riding on 77 North . . . aka 'The West Virginia Turnpike'. I approached two sportbikes, and pulled up next to them. As I rode along side of the Yamaha R1 at approximately 80mph, he stood up, then pulled the R1 up into a wheelie and continued to ride it for about a mile. Very controlled. Very steady. I was impressed!!! He brought it back down and I gave him a BIG 'thumbs up'. :sun: He reached out his hand and I gave him "five".

I picked up my speed to 90 and pulled in front of the two riders and we cruised for a little while. A few miles later, a nice long straight appeared before us. Before I knew it, my two new friends nailed it, and passed me on the left. I down-shifted and caught them at about 120. Then came the 'S' curve. The two sportbike riders hit the brakes, and that's when it became my turn to "show off" a leetle bit. ;) I down-shifted into 5th, rolled on the throttle and whipped through the sweepers. I slowed back down to let my new friends join me again. The R1 rider gave me a BIG 'thumbs up'. :sun: I reached out my hand and he gave me "five". Good times!

Just 3 punky SQUIDS having some fun. :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
It just feels good to do that once in a while! I had my first service done yesterday so I can finally play a little too. First the omygod power and engine snarl, second the incredible cornering ability. This bike handles so easy and corners better than any bike I've owned including my Ducati ST4s. I've already touched the left peg and it still felt like it had more. Just amazing. :ricky

I think 4 and 5 are quickly becoming my favorite playground gears!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MassGT said:
WOW Joe,

That was loaded down with full gear. I like to see a squid set up the same way to that!!
Yep! I had similar thoughts. Both saddlebags and topbox loaded...and my seatbag filled with tools and gear, etc, etc... It made it all the more sweet. :ricky

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
sfarson said:
It is said, "in the straights HP wins, in the curves rider wins". That the R1 and Gixxer pilots couldn't handle the S curve as you is more a reflection of your skill and their lack of... though the 80 mph wheelie can't be dismissed.
+1
Kudos!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts