BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add that that's not me on the bike. They said I was much too good looking.

:rotf:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
You sure that's not MY GT? :rotf:

·
Registered
749 Posts
I see you have the fast color like me. How did your bike wind up in the ad? I hope you got paid, a company like Olympia can afford to rent a bike for the day right :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2008-K1200GT said:
I see you have the fast color like me. How did your bike wind up in the ad? I hope you got paid, a company like Olympia can afford to rent a bike for the day right :)
Olympia posted up on another forum that they wanted a K1200GT for a photoshoot down in Maggie Valley NC. So, I responded (you don't have to twist my arm too hard for a ride down there). They were offering the jacket or pants of your choice as "payment". Once I got down there, the weather wasn't so good and they kept moving the shoot location around. We eventually wound up in Chatanooga TN (Raccoon Mountain). After the shoot, they offered me a jacket and pants for sticking with them and being flexible with my time. Kevin and his wife (Olympia Motosports owners) are first class folks. :thumb:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
odsmissmaggie said:
Is this Erics bike?
That would be me Rich. I met you the following day at Deals Gap. Good to hear from you. :)

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
K-Dog said:
Olympia posted up on another forum that they wanted a K1200GT for a photoshoot down in Maggie Valley NC. So, I responded (you don't have to twist my arm too hard for a ride down there). They were offering the jacket or pants of your choice as "payment". Once I got down there, the weather wasn't so good and they kept moving the shoot location around. We eventually wound up in Chatanooga TN (Raccoon Mountain). After the shoot, they offered me a jacket and pants for sticking with them and being flexible with my time. Kevin and his wife (Olympia Motosports owners) are first class folks. :thumb:
Just curious - is Kevin the guy in the pictures?

·
IBR# 366
3,155 Posts
Nice pics. Too bad the orange jacket is so ugly. :D

I was gonna offer my grey GT, but they said I'd have to wash it first. :rotf:

Oh wait, maybe that's what the girl with the towels was for. Damn. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
XMagnaRider said:
Just curious - is Kevin the guy in the pictures?
With the yellow hat and blue jeans, yes.

Kevin and his wife Karilea...

·
Registered
749 Posts
Hey Kdog, just got my BMW MOA Owners News Magazine ,is that your bike on the inside cover? :clap:

·
Registered
302 Posts
K-Dog said:
Here's a few more from that day...

Does anyone happen to know what screen that is on the Tiger? My Tiger is very wind challenged, currently running a MRA with Laminar lip, can you say NOISY.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2008-K1200GT said:
Hey Kdog, just got my BMW MOA Owners News Magazine ,is that your bike on the inside cover? :clap:

Yes sir! :thumb:

It was a nice surprise to see it in there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts