BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nice pics. Bike looks real good!
How do you like that windscreen? Where did you get it? Is in a big improvement over stock or just different? I think the stock screen provides nice smooth airflow. How is the smoothness with that one?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
It's coming along nicely Michael. Some clear front turn signals would really complete that front end. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mark5lam said:
Nice pics. Bike looks real good!
How do you like that windscreen? Where did you get it? Is in a big improvement over stock or just different? I think the stock screen provides nice smooth airflow. How is the smoothness with that one?
The touringscreen from MRA (65 Euros) i get from by BMW_dealer has more wind coverage at speeds greater then 250 km/h. I am 6´3" and i have more space for my Body.
Smooth airflow is not the reason for installing the MRA-screen, only the better coverage.

·
Registered
403 Posts
It's both.

The front fender and rear hugger are llmberger. The peg covers are also llmberger.

Did you have any trouble with the fitment of your front mudguard? Mine required some work to get it right.

The bellypan, gas tank panels and exhaust hanger are pack-parts. All fit very well.

I was told by Nigel at Sandbar Composites that llmberger was working on a rear solo seat for the KS. Have you heard anything about it?

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xlr8r said:
It's both.

Did you have any trouble with the fitment of your front mudguard? Mine required some work to get it right.
No, only i need for the top fitment 20mm long screws.
For the Future ilmberger will put them in the package with the front mudguard.

Single seater for K1200S? I will ask him.

·
Registered
214 Posts
xlr8r said:
That's a great looking KS.

Here's a shot of mine, also with carbon.
Is there a web site where you can see and purchase these carbon parts for the K12S?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sure.

Get the llmberger carbon stuff from www.sandbarcomposites.co.uk. Nigel is your contact.

The Pack-parts carbon is available through Ken Zeller at www.evoluzione.net. His website doesn't show the product line but I can vouch for the quality and Ken is a straight up guy. Evoluzione is located in So Cal.

Also, you might want to visit Shiva's site at www.bmwk1200s.com.

You will find other pics and reviews there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts