BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just got my new '07 K1200GT. What an amazing bike. It is definately not my old R12GS in so many ways, good and bad.

One crazy thing I noticed, on the clutch and brake resevoirs, the right side brake resevoir is attached with phillips screws. The left side clutch resevoir cover is attached with Torx screws. Anyone else notice this and anyone got any ideas why this it. I've checked with an '06 used one at my dealer, mine, and another guy who was having his bike farkleized.

Matt

·
Registered
246 Posts
Congrats on the bike.

And about the screws, yes I noticed it too when I had the loaner little more than a month ago. That was an '06 model.

·
Registered
239 Posts
mattmor said:
Hey,

I just got my new '07 K1200GT. What an amazing bike. It is definately not my old R12GS in so many ways, good and bad.

One crazy thing I noticed, on the clutch and brake resevoirs, the right side brake resevoir is attached with phillips screws. The left side clutch resevoir cover is attached with Torx screws. Anyone else notice this and anyone got any ideas why this it. I've checked with an '06 used one at my dealer, mine, and another guy who was having his bike farkleized.

Matt

I got Graphite too... Love that color... Stealth color... Wish they have matte black... :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
congrats...
i love mine as well..... the color really is incredible
but, the bike is a million times better

·
Registered
19 Posts
About the screws... the reservoirs are supposed to be eternal and it shouldn't be necessary to top them up.
And congrats on the bike.

·
Capn' Blowhard
333 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! Nice share of Graphite GTs hitting the streets. :thumb: :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
mattmor said:
Hey,

One crazy thing I noticed, on the clutch and brake resevoirs, the right side brake resevoir is attached with phillips screws. The left side clutch resevoir cover is attached with Torx screws. Anyone else notice this and anyone got any ideas why this it.
Matt
My 06 Aussie model has the same issue. I wouldn't have noticed if you didn't post this. Bugger, now Im unhappy!!!
Oh, look at that, happy 400 POsts to me!

Best wishes

Ken.

·
This thing needed "K" Power
12 Posts
Screwed up?

I picked up my 07GT yesterday (got it between raindrops) I asked about the screw differences before reading it here. The answer I got from 2 different mechanics is they want us to monitor/check the brake fluid (thus the phillips heads) but not the clutch fluid (torx).
They want that system to stay "sealed". Mine only has a sight glass on the brake side to visually inspect. Check to see if you have a sight glass on the clutch side.

·
Registered
180 Posts
You've probably also noticed that the clutch reservoir takes an oil based liquid and that the brake reservoir takes the normal Dot 4 fluid?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Screws

I ordered a set of the clutch Torx screws from the dealer and replaced the Phillips head screws in the brake resevoir - perfect replacement. Got the number off the MAX BMW micro fiche. I couldn't live with it either. It was about 8 bucks for the set of 4.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mine is the same too. I thought they lost the Torx screws at a service but maybe it always had the Phillips head screws.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I think they're all like this from the factory. Doesn't bother me, this thing's all about THE RIDE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts