BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I'm pretty proud of the fact that I think it's unique in that I was able to talk my local BMW dealer (Ironhorse in Tucson) to trade out the dark graphite body panels off a silver framed bike on the sale floor for the Silver body panels off my black framed bike and the results are shown below....

and the all silver bike is pretty sweet too! (and for sale of course)

and that's me just as we wheeled it out of the showroom (Yup I'm wearing a dirtbike helmet)

but being one not to leave things alone, within 10 minutes I've added the Akrapovic can

and later that night I added the Evoluzione Dual air filters, took off the reflectors and K1200 stickers..next I'm installing the AC Schnitzer belly pan and headlight cover- more photos when done....Also looking at different handguard options (like Acerbis etc..) that fit the style and feel this bike evokes..

·
Registered
147 Posts
Very nice. I like the black on black. congrats and happy holidays.

·
Registered
193 Posts
yellow/silver combo

I'm trying to get my dealer to switch panels too. Why can't BMW just give us the option and do this at the factory?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm jonesing for some handguard options sans carbon fiber. Currently using Hippo hands come spring would like another option.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's what I did

For my handguards...althought the BMW GS handquards work well, I just don't like the way they look- so...since I have a KTM 950 Adventure...I know they might work. I bought a set today in black (around $50 including all the hardware) and it took all of 5 minute to install them on the KR. here's a shot before

and after

amazingly enough all I did was unbolt the torque bolt at the bar end put the handguard over the end and reinstall the original bolt- it was long enough. On the inside portion of the handguard, well I got lazy..I just zip tied it to the bar!

seems to be very sturdy (make sure you tighten the end bolt very snug) and there is enough room for the brake and clutch levers to work without interference from the handguards.

The end result I think is much better looking than the GS handguards and only about $50-works for me!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Perfect!!!!

Anyone want to trade yellow body parts for black ones... :teeth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts