BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i cant wait but next week I will be picking my KR up and cant wait, I just had to tell someone.

:D :D :D :ricky :ricky :ricky :tim :tim :tim ;) ;) :p :p :) :) :ricky :ricky

·
Registered
121 Posts
Excellent!

Good choice and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
504 Posts
I can't wait either. I was going to wait until Saturday but I've decided to take some time off work and pick it up tomorrow morning, weather permitting.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Goodonya!!! :D :ricky

·
Registered
93 Posts
Really neat to see people excited about picking up their new KR. I sure love mine. The more I twist the throttle, the bigger my grin gets!

Hope the weather up there in Victoria is good enough for at least a little ride around the island. Keep warm!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Shouldn't this much fun be illegal?!

Picked up the KR this morning. Whoa! It was even cooler looking, cooler sounding, and more fun to ride then I remembered. Just love the throaty, raspy, lumpy sound...and this is just the stock can. This is the bike I've been waiting for!

Compared to the KGT it feels like a toothpick. Suddenly I feel like a much better rider, little push on the bars over I go, feel in total control. Incredible torque everywhere, ridiculous acceleration, and I haven't even revved it over 6K. Just ran it up to that area over the first 3 gears and holy crap you are haulin'.

Thanks BMW!

Will post pix of me picking up the bike soon!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats!!

Congratulations Mark....looking forward to the pix. Oh...and by the way, don't forget to update your signature....

·
Registered
209 Posts
sinc said:
Picked up the KR this morning. Whoa! It was even cooler looking, cooler sounding, and more fun to ride then I remembered. Just love the throaty, raspy, lumpy sound...and this is just the stock can. This is the bike I've been waiting for!

Compared to the KGT it feels like a toothpick. Suddenly I feel like a much better rider, little push on the bars over I go, feel in total control. Incredible torque everywhere, ridiculous acceleration, and I haven't even revved it over 6K. Just ran it up to that area over the first 3 gears and holy crap you are haulin'.

Thanks BMW!

Life begins at 7,000 RPM! Sounds like you are REALLY going to enjoy your bike.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
24 24 24 24 hours to go----------- til i get my KR

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hope the weather holds for ya! Looks like sun for the next few days in your neck of the woods. Enjoy!

·
Registered
273 Posts
sinc said:

Thanks BMW!

Damn - a post like this makes me want one. But I have to stick to my GT another year or two. Damn !!

/Michael

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
ratemut said:
Damn - a post like this makes me want one. But I have to stick to my GT another year or two. Damn !!

/Michael
listen to the voices.... I did... they might not be real, but they have some really good stuff to say... you know you want to....

:D :D ;) :D :ricky

·
Registered
273 Posts
TheJoker said:
listen to the voices.... I did... they might not be real, but they have some really good stuff to say... you know you want to....

:D :D ;) :D :ricky
Half of me want all the craziness the KR stands for - the other half want wind protection and a comfortable ride.

I will get my K12GT out of the winther storage two weeks from now. We still have snow here - I hope it will disapear soon ;-)

/Michael -

have fun !!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
:ricky Michael, I know wha you mean, I'm from Finland myself. i also know about Danish vehicle tax... Yikes!

Btw, the KR IS awesome!
:ricky

·
Registered
273 Posts
TheJoker said:
:ricky Michael, I know wha you mean, I'm from Finland myself. i also know about Danish vehicle tax... Yikes!

Btw, the KR IS awesome!
:ricky
Finland, uhh - there the riding session is even shorter than here in Denmark. But the country is really nice during summer. I have been there several times. I lived in Russia in 2000/2001 and went to Finland everytime I wanted a "western" break. I also had a mailbox in Lappeenranta.

Danish tax - yeaa. My K12GT was a hefty 45.000 USD.

have fun and enjoy life in UK (I guess the session is longer than here, weet maybe, but longer ??)

I just emailed the dealer with a nice used KR (a' 2005 with 5K on the speedo, ESA and most other features) and asked for a price in exchange for my KGT. Picture !

/Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
ratemut said:
Half of me want all the craziness the KR stands for - the other half want wind protection and a comfortable ride.

/Michael -

have fun !!
Actually, with regard to wind protection I have been pleasantly surprised, the wind has not been bothersome at all, mind you I have not taken any *extended* highway rides but I'm sure it'll be fine. No buffeting around the helmet which is nice. Anyway, I like some wind...that's part of what riding a motorcycle is all about, no?

Comfort? I find the KR considerably more comfortable than any other bike I've ridden. I like the firm narrow seat, the relatively upright riding position (but not too erect), and the short reach to the bars.

I guess what I'm getting at is you can have your cake and eat it too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts