BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would reassure anyone visiting this forum who may be considering a GT. They are not all problem machines...

Today....and running like a top!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Yup....Ditto this. :thumb: I couldn't be happier with mine. New air box is sweet. Flat spot? What stinking flat spot? Just keep it above 4 or 5 k is all. Ride the top end baby! :teeth

·
Registered
414 Posts
Mike, where were those pics taken? I'm gonna be heading that way in a few weeks to visit my son and his family. I think that I'll try for mid May, before the tourist hoarde in June.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JamesM said:
Mike, where were those pics taken? I'm gonna be heading that way in a few weeks to visit my son and his family. I think that I'll try for mid May, before the tourist hoarde in June.
James, you will find this great 200 mile day-ride just west and south of Denver. Living in Colorado is fantastic since you can leave your garage and be in some of the greatest riding in the world within 15-20 minutes. :teeth

See this link for the route:

http://www.cohcc.org/images/rides/frontrange/Largefrontrange.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ditto

Another vote for 'great running' - did do the airbox and ECU reflash, and while I was happy with the bike before, it's even better now! They just need to change off those awful Bridgestone tires - why can't they put the Pilot Road 2 or Road Attacks on these from the factory?! :boom:

·
Registered
414 Posts
MikeM said:
James, you will find this great 200 mile day-ride just west and south of Denver. Living in Colorado is fantastic since you can leave your garage and be in some of the greatest riding in the world within 15-20 minutes. :teeth

See this link for the route:

http://www.cohcc.org/images/rides/frontrange/Largefrontrange.jpg
Thanks Mike! We lived in Perry Park for almost 5 years, before moving to Elizabeth (about 15-20 miles SW of Denver, so I know that route well. My son and his family still live in Highlands Ranch, I guess that is what I get for moving to CO when my son was just 17. After 15 years, I finally had enough shoveling, :teeth and we decided to move back.

Now that I'm retired, we get plenty of time to go back and forth to CO to visit the grand-kids and ride motorcycles. My son also has a bike, and at least once a year he rides down here and we usually take a trip to the Hill Country, or just ride some of the local country roads.

Have you ever ridden 141 from Dove Creek to Grand Junction? I think that is one of the prettiest rides/drives in Colorado, and there is virtually no traffic, even in tourist season. It's doable in a weekend from Denver, but 3 days would be better. There is an awesome Mexican food place in Cortez, named "Francisca's Blue Eyed Mexican", a must do, if you like Mexican food and you're ever down that way.

·
Registered
549 Posts
sep999 said:
Mine is running great too! 2006 with no problems, except for wearing out rear tires!
What he said.....

Still running the original airbox and 8.something-or-other software.

·
Registered
376 Posts
MikeM, How's the sand from Pine Junction to Woodland Park?

·
Registered
115 Posts
GT testimonial

Over 10,000 miles on my 2006 GT and it has been perfect. :teeth

I added the Z-Technik to improve the wind protection and SO loves it.

Changed both tires.

Best bike I ever owned.

Zero problems. :clap:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just rode my 07 GT to and from Washington D.C. and N.O. I have had no problems whatsoever. I went from a 99 Moto Guzzi to the GT. A huge difference.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DavidS said:
MikeM, How's the sand from Pine Junction to Woodland Park?
Sand/gravel is almost non-existent on that ride. :clap:

·
Registered
376 Posts
MikeM said:
Sand/gravel is almost non-existent on that ride. :clap:
Thanks for the road report. If you're ever over this way (P2P), give a holler.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Gentlemen

I don't think that positive affirmations of our machines are in line with the forum's objective. It's meant to be for problems, solutions to problems, and how the dealers aren't addressing the problems. If you MUST post a happy message, why not a joke? or a poll? or a political rant? or a "which exhaust" thread?

oops. Sorry, thought this was the i-BMW forum. Carry on spreading the love!!

Dave

·
Registered
376 Posts
DaveNZ said:
Gentlemen

I don't think that positive affirmations of our machines are in line with the forum's objective. It's meant to be for problems, solutions to problems, and how the dealers aren't addressing the problems. If you MUST post a happy message, why not a joke? or a poll? or a political rant? or a "which exhaust" thread?

oops. Sorry, thought this was the i-BMW forum. Carry on spreading the love!!

Dave
Hey, I've had nothing but a series of problems w/ this bike from day 1, and I for one am very happy to hear about others who have had no problems whatsoever. It gives me the hope that I will eventually de-bug the beast and join them in riding trouble free.

·
Registered
42 Posts
For the past year I had a 07 LT I took many trips with her and put 15000 miles of happy road :eek:hyeah: . The smile in my face was permanent :ricky until the F####^%$ winter got here :hanged . Now I traded it for a GT 08 just because my wife drives her own bike and wanted a little more adrenaline :drool . Well now my grin is big :teeth again and had no problems so far after 1500 miles and counting. I love my bike and keep me sane :crazy: :hysterica :thumb: .

·
Registered
103 Posts
:) Just clocked 15000 miles on my 06GT -- happy happy happy!!! :)

Dave

·
Let's Ride
218 Posts
30k. No problems. Just ride the bike. This bike is amazing, I will need many more miles to discover just how amazing.

·
Registered
650 Posts
MikeM said:
Thought I would reassure anyone visiting this forum who may be considering a GT. They are not all problem machines...

Today....and running like a top!

Mike, Im Jealous. I havent seen mine for 6 weeks as it sits 800 miles away waiting for a new diff.
That looks like beautiful country and skies where you were riding
Mate, what sort of seat is that?
Andrew

·
Lieu
139 Posts
DaveNZ said:
Carry on spreading the love!!

Dave
Love like this? :ghug: or this? :scratch:

Tee hee hee :stir:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts