BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A challenge to my peers.. A good buddy of mine dropped by on his K1200S today. We talked bikes about 30 minutes or so.. I walked around his bike a few times and barely noticed this little accessory mirror stuck on the top of the left side factory mirror. It's very unobtrusive. Almost missed it. The mirror surface is kinda concave, but it's pointing virtually straight up...!!??

I was absolutely clueless as to what possible function it could have until he told me.. and then he let me take his bike out for a spin to see if it worked .. and it did..! What's really cool. I'll bet at one time or another.. every one of us could have used his set-up...

OK ... smart guys... Can anyone here guess what it's purpose is? I'll reply if somebody guesses it... and if nobody has within about a dozen guesses.. I'll give it up... I just hope I'm NOT the only moron that couldn't figure it out...

Let the games begin...

·
Registered
395 Posts
A.) to see traffic signals without looking up
B.) to see if your chin strap is fastened
C.) to look up the skirts of really tall chicks

·
Registered
200 Posts
Funny little mirror

To see foward around tight corners when the bike is really leaned over. Could that even work?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
karlb .. the smart guy

Damn.. Guess I am a moron after all.. I would have never figured it out.. Took only two guesses to get it...

Yep.. pull up to any light and no need to keep looking up at the traffic light...

karlb said:
A.) to see traffic signals without looking up

·
Registered
130 Posts
What I want to know is why he's carrying a bale of hay on the luggage rack?

I'm in the moron category for the mirror - thought it might be a full circle mirror to allow traffic checks at a glance. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's not a bale of hay.. That's my disguise.. I was hunting wabbits.. it's wabbit season... no.. duck season... no wabbit season.. I forget ..

Spinner said:
What I want to know is why he's carrying a bale of hay on the luggage rack?

·
Registered
395 Posts
A, huh Geez I really thought it was the tall chicks skirts!!!
Especially from a friend of yours Jerry. ;-P
Knew from the picture it had to be up and that was the only thing that made sense.

·
Registered
395 Posts
What I really want to know Jerry is what did I win.
Pirates Lair Hat, T-shirt, Decal, Choice of free K1200S product????

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You May Already Be A Weiner!

What did you win?? Sorry.. forgot to mention the prize... Will get them in tomorrow's outgoing.. wear them well...

karlb said:
What I really want to know Jerry is what did I win.
Pirates Lair Hat, T-shirt, Decal, Choice of free K1200S product????

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sheesh just what I need 2 more dang horses to feed!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Uhhhhh, I Think It's Actually Convex

con·vex (kŏn'vĕks', kən-vĕks') adj. - Having a surface or boundary that curves or bulges outward, as the exterior of a sphere.

In use...

My balding head is convex.

The wallet holding my bike budget appears concave.

That little mirror's a great idea. It ought to make chin-on-tank hole shots upon "Green" a LOT more exciting.

Warmest regards to all,

JS

·
Registered
796 Posts
Its an old idea. It's an accessory I can buy for my 53 chevy. Was a common add on for old cars and trucks with visors.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
speaking of traffic lights.....anyone have any luck with those switchers that mount on your bike?...thinking of getting one...

·
Registered
531 Posts
when i'm sitting on my krs at a light looking forward i have no problem seeing any traffic lights in front of me...seems to me the mirror is more a gadget type thing to enhance the bikes looks. have fun and ride safe

·
Registered
209 Posts
I was kinda hoping this would be effective to watch for planes. I probably need to pay more attention to them.

·
Registered
505 Posts
BAK04GT said:
speaking of traffic lights.....anyone have any luck with those switchers that mount on your bike?...thinking of getting one...
If you're speaking about the device called the Green Light Trigger, I have used them with success. It is simply a magnet that triggers the signalling device below the pavement. I've heard some folks say that they don't work, but I think it is merely a matter of positioning them correctly.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I thought it was a rear-view mirror for when you're wheely-ing down the freeway. I'd worry that the sun would occasionally glare off the top mirror when you try to use the normal mirror.

The Green Light triggers do work. The same company's tinted stick-on visor accessory works, too; I've moved it from helmet to helmet.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Green Light Trigger

I have been riding with one for about a year. I think they work, but there are some lights that I might not be positioned well. These units are cheap and they don't effect your ride, so it can't hurt.

ONON-
Mark

1 - 20 of 21 Posts