BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Would rather be riding
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Nav III with my '07 K1200GT, and for the most part I'm very happy. I really like the integrated mount and custom cradle.

I've noticed however that sometimes the Nav III system restarts on me at strange time. FWIW I think this is more likely a CANBUS issue than a GPS issue.

Frequently (but not always) it'll restart when I start the bike. e.g. put in the key, turn it on, Nav III boots while the self-check is running, then I start the bike and the Nav III reboots.

Yesterday it also happened exactly when the low fuel warning came on, which happened to be about 2 blocks before the gas station. It was also the first time I slowed to a stop after many miles of non-stop riding, but somehow I think it was more related to the warning light.

Happily, the Nav III system picks right up where it left off, with the last route still being navigated, and it automatically reconnects to my phone and helmet, so aside from a couple of reboot time no state is lost. (But still I wish the darn thing had a battery in it, then it wouldn't reboot at all in these cases!)

Any similar experiences?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Trawling through the archives I saw your post. I too have a Nav III on a 2007 GT and mine does the same thing. At least once on any long run it'll re-boot itself. There doesn't seem to be any logic to when it does so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts