BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you update the software (not maps) on a BMW Nav unit? From the Garmin site (webupdater) or not?

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
I'd use the web-updater. It'll find and tell you what it needs. You can always nix the idea before it does anything.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Garmin Mac Webupdater worked perfectly on my handheld Map 60CS. So, I plugged in the NavIII and the Webupdater correctly identified the attached unit as a BMW Nav III with ID number. So I proceeded with the recommended software updates and all went well.

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
I ordered a disk with up-dates from Garmin. Received it by mail within a week. Upon receipt entered Garmin web-site, confirmed payment of USD75,- and got unlock code.
Installed the update - City Navigator NT Europe v9.
Just I am not sure should I pay for it - this is my first update since I bought the Nav III last July? Isn't it free? Maybe I did mistake in a hurry.

·
Registered
414 Posts
easyman05 said:
I ordered a disk with up-dates from Garmin. Received it by mail within a week. Upon receipt entered Garmin web-site, confirmed payment of USD75,- and got unlock code.
Installed the update - City Navigator NT Europe v9.
Just I am not sure should I pay for it - this is my first update since I bought the Nav III last July? Isn't it free? Maybe I did mistake in a hurry.
Tonopah is asking about updating the firmware in the BMW NAV. That is a freebie. The City Navigator update will cost $$. As GMack said, to update the unit, just connect your nav unit up to your computer and click on the Garmin webupdater and it will let you know if you need an update. If it finds an update, just follow the on screen directions.
If you don't have the webupdater, you can get it here.
WEBUPDATER

1 - 5 of 5 Posts