BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to find a navigation mount for the KS. Preferably one that mounts in the center of the bike. Tried google and other search engines but alas, nothing!

Anyone? Bueller.....Bueller.....

GSDave

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I went to his page but didn't see anything for the KS at all. I'll try emailing him.

GSDave

·
Registered
49 Posts
gsdave said:
Need to find a navigation mount for the KS. Preferably one that mounts in the center of the bike. Tried google and other search engines but alas, nothing!

Anyone? Bueller.....Bueller.....

GSDave
The original BMW mount???

·
Registered
14 Posts
YOu guys have some sweet set ups. Unfortunately, they're a bit too busy for me. I like the BMW set up, but I like to use my tank bag all too much. Does anyone have any other options for mounting a GPS on the KS?

Also, where are you guys getting power for your accesories? Straight from the battery or the fuse box?

·
Maestro de Turismo
406 Posts
Interpreter,

Depending on which tank bag you use, the BMW mount does not preclude you for using it. It won't work with the large S tank bag, but it will work with the smaller one as well as many non-BMW branded bags.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Try a tail bag and really cleanup the look!

The Chicane Summit is my favorite and a great value.

The Corbin Smugler cowling is great looking, but small and expensive!

Randy

·
Registered
120 Posts
nav mount

Under the BMW logo button on the triple clamp is a nice 10mm 1.5 pitch threaded hole. Mike at Techmount offered to machine me a matching post for his stem stand (1.5" long shaft to keep my Valentine out of the line of sight of the gauges). They also make GPS mounting plates. As soon as mine arrives and I install it I'll post a picture but it may be what you're after - all the other mounts I've seen are on one side or the other.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I went to cyclegadgets.com got Ram mount system for a street Pilot III . I used a 2 1/2 in round base for mounting to the Street Pilot. 1 in. Bar base to clamp on the handle bar and a standard arm to connect the two. $34.00 total. Infinately adjustable, solid as a rock at 150mph plus, add or remove GPS in 10 sec or less, clears the windshield looks fine when GPS is on or off,doesn't get in the way of tankbag or anything else for that matter,can cleanly run 12 volt power cord and voice cord for autocom with existing wiring for signal lights etc that run along handlebars. Here is the catch. I have Verholen handlebar risers on my KS. I clamped the bar base just to the left of the the brake lever clamp. I don't remember if the stock handlebars had the space here to do that. Check it out. The stock bar could be moved slightly out of the clamp and retightened if necessary. You only need 1/4 in or less. With the stock bars you might be better off with the long Ram Mount arm to get the GPS closer to you and above tank bag etc. You could try both and return one to Cyclegadgets. Sean is great to work with. I have used Ram Mounts on four different bikes over the last six years with absolutly no problems. They are a quality product at a fair price and can't be beat for a extremely secure mount.

·
Registered
120 Posts
K12 centered mount question...solved

Just got my Techmount stem stand installed using the threaded hole hiding under the BMW badge on the triple clamp. I ordered the 1 1/2" post and Mike did a custom thread (10mm 1.5 pitch) for me at no additional charge! He told me he will be happy to do more. It's low enough to see the gauges right over the top of my Valentine, and there's enough clearance underneath to slip the key into the bike.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts