BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Navigator 3+, the mounting bracket I was sent is for the older GT and doesn't fit this bike. My dealer seems pretty clueless, and I haven't had a chance to interrogate them further, but so far I have not been able to identify online any such official BMW bracket for this bike. Canadian bike if it matters (07). Thanks for any help

·
Would rather be riding
537 Posts
Might be the same bracket...

jfritz_drfritz said:
I have a new Navigator 3+
I got the Nav III when I bought my '07 GT, and the mounting kit was in the box with the GPS itself, so I don't have any info on part numbers but can confirm that there is a very nice mount for the GT. It consisted of a cradle, a bracket that screws onto the handlebars, and a cable that plugs right into the accessory lead under the battery cover.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it seems that with the 3+ that they deleted the bracket which now has to be ordered separately. You would not happen to have a picture of the installation so that I could refer my dealer to it so they would know what it is supposed to be like - they seem to be having a problem with this!!#[email protected]&%^$ :spank1:

·
Would rather be riding
537 Posts
Extra spacers

jfritz_drfritz said:
Thanks all I seem to have found it
That's a decent picture of the bracket and cradle. I think the silver bits must be some extra spacers added by the owner, mine definitely doesn't look like that nor stick out that far. Possibly they wanted to get a little more height to see the GPS over a tank bag or something like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts