BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for breakfast this morning with some of the club members. On the way back home coming down the service road on I10 East from Comfort, TX, a six point buck as big as my motorcycle came out of the brush from my left side. I couldn't stop as he ran straight for me. I ducked under the windshield and he jumped over the back of my bike (and me). He left hoof prints where he hit my tail bag. If I had seen him coming, I would have unloaded on him!

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
Need video next time...:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
This past Spring I had a Mom Elk and her calf step out of the brush in front of me in Black Diamond, WA (Cascade Mt. foothills). She decided the road wasn't big enough for both of us and lowered her head and started at me. About this time a pickup pulled up behind me and I quickly waved him on around which fortunately ran Mom across the road with Jr. in tow.

A few years ago, right in downtown Susanville, CA with forest fires raging up in the hills all around, I had a full grown Mountain Lion dart right across the street in front of me. She gave me some very un-nerving eye contact on the way by as I damn near hit her. How I knew it was a female is that everybody in the coffee shop I stopped at minutes later seemed to know exactly who she was. I always stop in Susanville on the way thru. it's an adorable little town on the backside of the Sierra Nevadas north of Reno.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts