BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a relatively light weight retracting device (similar to an air hose reel) for me battery tender. I'm interested in mounting it to the ceiling above where I park my GT so it's easy to pull down and retract when not using it. I found a fishing option, but the tether is too short and it has no ratchet tool. I've looked at many options in the Portland/Vancouver area with no success. Anybody have success in finding something like that? Thanks for any feedback/suggestions.

Denny
Ridgefield, WA
09 K1300 GT

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
Why use a reel?

If you take the wire across the underside of the roof and down one wall through a small pulley wheel or even an eye bolt, then put a small weight on the end, it will take itself up to the roof when you let it go. If you want it dangling down a bit, just put a stop in the wire. You should use a wire with good flexibility and lots of strands.

That's a lot simpler and more reliable than a rotating plastic cassette with springs to go wrong and tensions to set up. I've been using that trick with a heavier weight on a hinged trap door to my roof for 20 years.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Retractable Charging

I agree with the last reply regarding this question. Simple and a little MC Giverish works all the time. Think about a good tool bag. It should have every thing from high tech to chewing gum in the foil.
Regarding the fishing thought; There are some self reeling fly reals made in the sixty's marketed by Penny's you can find on E bay that will handle the wire for the three amps required for maintenance; :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts