BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son owns a 2007 GT identical to mine (!), and the ABS quit working while we were on our trip to Colorado this past June. According to his dealership, the ABS controller box itself is bad and must be replaced. Son sent me an invoice listing the part number as 34517715109 and description as HECU INTEGRAL ABS GENERATION, price $1,886.37. He declined the repair because he doesn't have the money for it.

I'm posting this in the hopes that someone knows of a cheaper way to go than a new part from the dealership. Maybe a wrecked bike being parted out? Or a place which sells used parts?

Any advice welcome.

·
Registered
557 Posts
chuckwilmot said:
My son owns a 2007 GT identical to mine (!), and the ABS quit working while we were on our trip to Colorado this past June. According to his dealership, the ABS controller box itself is bad and must be replaced. Son sent me an invoice listing the part number as 34517715109 and description as HECU INTEGRAL ABS GENERATION, price $1,886.37. He declined the repair because he doesn't have the money for it.

I'm posting this in the hopes that someone knows of a cheaper way to go than a new part from the dealership. Maybe a wrecked bike being parted out? Or a place which sells used parts?

Any advice welcome.
I have read of some taking their abs unit apart and cleaning the corrosion out of it...which seems to be a common cause of failure. There were some threads on the various forums including Adventure Rider

1 - 2 of 2 Posts