BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello World, first post here. I have need of your knowledge and wisdom.

I am a 6 month owner of a 2012 K1300S, great bike, I love it. I came from a 2006 FJR. The much more sport then touring bike is fun, but I am missing the closer to touring than sport side of the FJR. So, I am looking to add another bike. I can't spend a ton and have been looking at a 2002 R1150RS with 65K miles on it. (They are cool bikes!) I had never ridden a boxer before and it is a lot of fun (after stalling it twice pulling out on the test ride, I am 47 and have been riding since I was 15). I also have seen a couple of 2002 K1200RS on Craigslist with 20Kish miles on them. They look more toury too, what should I do???? What is the difference? Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
The R would be better if you are looking for a more relaxed touring mode. The 02 RS is a bit more sport with a fair amount of forward lean. i bought an 04RS because the difference from the older 02 style to the newer 04 style was quite noticeable. Since you have an S already I wouldn't see an RS as enough of a relaxed difference to spend the money.
Besides the occasional ride I don't any experience with R bikes in terms of ownership. They seem to be fine from people I know. I would have had an R bike already but wife said not another bike this year.
Waiting for that calendar to turn over.
Buy the R.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts