BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '98 k12rs must have had water collecting/sitting in the bottom of the tank (despitemy storing it inside) and the bottom of the tank is the fuel pump assembly, right?
The result is that the water rusted the plate including up under the seal, and rusted the surface enough so it los its smooth surface and seal and the tank started leaking at the plate/gasket.
Being my machine is a '98, which did have the early recall done for the tank replacement (but it is still one which has the bolts in the bottom versus the later one with the plastic ring nut.
So, I must replace the plate assembly The fuel pump and connecting components are all in tact and working), and would like to replace the tank as well if I can find a used one woth the plastic wing nut fraom a wrecked/parted out beast. Anybody out there that has such or can point me to someone who might have these?
Thanks- Jim Stergas

·
Registered
8 Posts
02' spare tank complete

MY 02'k12rs was totaled over the summer, I was rear ended. Stripped bike clean of all
useable parts, bike only had 9K on her. I have your gas tank and its complete. Looking
to sell her off one piece at a time, so I can put it towards another K bike in the spring.
To me its like scattering her ashes out there, to live again in spirit.

Glad to be still here : Jeff

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff- tank assembly

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry to hear you got hurt on the bike, and hope you are mending okay now (especially hope your neck and back are doing okay).

Your bike is an '02 correct? It has the large nylon/plastic lock nut configuration I am assuming? I need to check and make sure the '02 tank fits the '98 bike, unless you know for sure that it does. What do you need for the tank with the fuel assembly?

Jim Stergas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts