BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm looking for an Akrapovic slip on exhaust in the hexag shape carbon fiber. I searched this forum and several others and only found two members who had such setup can somebody point me to a site or a store where such a setup could be purchased. Thank You
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
xkactetx said:
Hi I'm looking for an Akrapovic slip on exhaust in the hexag shape carbon fiber. I searched this forum and several others and only found two members who had such setup can somebody point me to a site or a store where such a setup could be purchased. Thank You
Talk to Ken at Evoluzione

http://www.evoluzione.net/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
I believe the can you are looking for is available only with the full system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You! I just had the 6.0 update and do hear a little rattle or backfire. How much more obivous is the backfire going to become if I upgrade to the full system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered the full akrapovic system from Ken. How hard is it to install the system I work with car electronics at my job and take apart bikes and cars almost everyday. I was installing HID's and police strobes on a 2006GSXR 600 today and after taking the bike to do my install I realized that if I had the same bike I would have to remove the radiator to get the headers off. If anybody can tell me whats involved I would greatly appreciate it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
don't worry - install is very straight forward. only need t-25 & t-45 torx wrenches, 12-point 10mm wrench & 13/16" wrench (to remove o2 sensor). you should be able to install system in 1-2 hours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
WD-40 to release the O2 sensor...

evoluzione said:
don't worry - install is very straight forward. only need t-25 & t-45 torx wrenches, 12-point 10mm wrench & 13/16" wrench (to remove o2 sensor). you should be able to install system in 1-2 hours.
One real quickie fine point would be to get the exhaust system "warm" and then squirt a couple shots of WD-40 onto the exposed threads of the O2 sensor and leave for about 45 minutes to penetrate into the threads. Then wrench off the O2 sensor. Works like a charm! <-- Got that info from Z-Tech when I did the exhaust system on the 'GT.

Cheers, y'all!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
evoluzione said:
the akrapovic full system is the only one we've found to work with the factory centerstand with no modifications.
Can a total (smart) novice with basic tools install this in their own garage? Does it require a special stand or can the bike be on the center stand? Or, does it require a mechanic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
evoluzione said:
don't worry - install is very straight forward. only need t-25 & t-45 torx wrenches, 12-point 10mm wrench & 13/16" wrench (to remove o2 sensor). you should be able to install system in 1-2 hours.
from my previous post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
DSS said:
Can a total (smart) novice with basic tools install this in their own garage? Does it require a special stand or can the bike be on the center stand? Or, does it require a mechanic.
Where in Fl are you???

I am in North East Florida. If you are close enough I would be willing to help. I just did my Akropovic full system.



PM me....
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top