BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Beemer riders. I bought a used k1200rs last year that came with garmin streetpilot III that was broke. I sent it to garmin to get it fixed and it came back with the "maps locked". After almost a year of going back and forth with the techs at garmin(and roughly 3 hour of being on hold) i was told that all i needed was the software for my unit. But the tech said that they no longer make that software and that he would burn me a copy. Well, that was 2 months ago and no software. Is there anyone out there that may be able to help me with my problem? Got a bifg ride comin up and would like to be uo and runnin by June. This for Garmin :boom:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Garmin software

One month and no replies on this board ?? Hmmm.

I have an '02 K12 RS as well, and I have a SP III like yours.

And I should certainly have the software.

Send me your address.

Dave O'Halloran
Oakville, Ontario, Canada

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Garmin GPS

1plumffr said:
Hey fellow Beemer riders. I bought a used k1200rs last year that came with garmin streetpilot III that was broke. I sent it to garmin to get it fixed and it came back with the "maps locked". After almost a year of going back and forth with the techs at garmin(and roughly 3 hour of being on hold) i was told that all i needed was the software for my unit. But the tech said that they no longer make that software and that he would burn me a copy. Well, that was 2 months ago and no software. Is there anyone out there that may be able to help me with my problem? Got a bifg ride comin up and would like to be uo and runnin by June. This for Garmin :boom:
Give me a call on my cell phone later tonight (after 8pm EST) I think I have what you need.

Pete

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Dave. I finnaly got back to k-bikes.com to look at the gps situation. I know its comin up on a year since my first post but I do still have this problem. And with the long Wisconsin winter only halfway through, I'm gettin a little cabin fever and need to start thinkin about gettin the beemer up and runnin. Do ya think you can helpl me with my streetpilot. If so you can email me at [email protected] or just leave a post here and i will get ahold of you. Thanks for the help, Ken Daniels

1 - 5 of 5 Posts