BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GPS V and I have mostly used it around the New England area. I select the 18mb of downloadable map that I want and off I go.

I am going Georgia next week in a car and I thought I would take the GPS. I went to download the maps that I need and discovered that I can't select any maps South of Maryland or West of New York state.

I have my original CD and the unlock code that came with it. I don't get it?? How do I unlock the other maps???

Please help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I expect you have an older version of city select since you have the GPS V. That mapsource software has regions. You need to download all of them into your computer, and them you can select the maps you want to go into the GPS. You need the unlock code, and I think you can only use it twice. That's why you need to download all of the regions. Contact Garmin if you have a problem. They are very helpful.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have a Garmin V and the City Select maps. It has been a while since I've used both. I do remember that you can select regions when you activate the software. I chose to activate all regions, the entire USA.

It appears that you activated the Norteast region of the USA only. Maybe you should reinstall the City Select CD on you PC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts