BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GT that I got in October. I want to put a firefighter union sticker on it. (They are similar to a get out jail free card, with state troopers! Professional courtesy. :) ) The stickers are the Maltese Cross and about 4 1/2" square. I don't want to apply it directly to the plastic on the rear fender and it has that ridge in the middle for the sliding mud flap. Anybody have an idea on getting something to bolt into the existing holes that would be flat for the sticker? Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
5 Posts
need ideas for ugly holes

I put my sticker on a piece of lexan with a vel-cro strip on the back and another strip on the raised ridge of the fender; has stayed on for 12k and easy to remove for cleaning or if you need a change in stickers.

·
Registered
197 Posts
rear fender

they sell (dealers) a plate the screws onto those tow holes and then you put a BMW emblem over it. maybe you could but your emblem there

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't know the dealer sold a plate for it. Sounds like what I am looking for. The velcro is also a good idea. Thanks guys

·
Registered
848 Posts
The plate is nice. Metal, round, anodised. It is a BMW excessory and got mine at A&S in CA. They are on the web also.

·
Registered
828 Posts
cruizbz said:
I have a GT that I got in October. I want to put a firefighter union sticker on it. (They are similar to a get out jail free card, with state troopers! Professional courtesy. :) )
I wish this would work in California! The CHP here are gestapos (ie: state revenue machines). A buddy of mine is a fire fighter, got pulled over by CHP. They had a nice talk about service (apparently both served in the Navy), but he still signed the dotted line. More power to ya, Illinois state troppers are different from CHiPpers

ONON-
Mark

·
Registered
53 Posts
Pathogen7 said:
I wish this would work in California! The CHP here are gestapos (ie: state revenue machines). A buddy of mine is a fire fighter, got pulled over by CHP. They had a nice talk about service (apparently both served in the Navy), but he still signed the dotted line. More power to ya, Illinois state troppers are different from CHiPpers

ONON-
Mark
Feckin' Chippies! I'm a G-man and got a ticket from a Chippie in a g-ride on official business! WTF?

Kaleefornia is pretty, but its government sucks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I guess that you ride a lot without the luggage? I use the smaller ones, but they work great directly on the rear of the side cases.

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the CHP had to pay for those Beemers. Maybe, now that they are getting free Harley's they can lighten up some.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts