BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for bar risers for my '06 K12GT. I'm looking to bring the height up but not necessarily closer to me. I have long arms and don't want to bring the bars forward much, but looking for more height. Open to comments & suggestions!

Thanks!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Most bars by their design will bring the bars close to you by about an inch. I use suburbasn Machinerey bars on my K13GT which are pretty adjustable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I just found SM's website and will take a look at their risers. At least the bars will come up an inch, so might be worth it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know if the Verholen bar risers can be used with the bars at the highest setting (to achieve the highest rise possible)? Or, do they need to be installed in one fixed height location?

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
I have Suburban Machinery handlebar risers on my 2007 K1200GT. I bought them soon after I bought the motorcycle in 2007. I chose them over the Verholen bar risers because the Suburban Machinery bar risers come with threaded holes on top that can be used to attach accessories, such as RAM ball mounts. (I have never used the feature, but I am glad it is there.)

In contrast, the Verholen bar risers have a gentle flowing curve that looks more stylish than the boxy, functional Suburban Machinery bar risers.

When I looked, you could also buy bar risers that came in a single aluminum slab that bolted into to both attachment points at once, unlike the ones with two separate pieces, such as the Suburban Machinery and Verholen bar risers. It was the first bar riser that I became aware of.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you use bar risers with your handlebars on their higher settings (usually the top two positions), you may stretch the cables on your KGT to the point where they will rub on parts during full lock turns. The companies that make bar risers recommend that you install longer cables if you want to use them that way. Some people ride with the regular cables anyway and ignore the issue.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I chose them over the Verholen bar risers because the Suburban Machinery bar risers come with threaded holes on top that can be used to attach accessories, such as RAM ball mounts.
This is how I mount my GPS using one of the threaded holes. Puts the GPS right in the middle of the yoke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts