BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a couple of new keys for my 2004 K1200GT. Of course they are blank and need to be cut. Went to local shop - no joy - told me that the keys are stainless steel and need to be cut by a special cutter. Anyone ever heard of this? Local dealer doesn't cut them either. I would like to have a spare key (lost on a while back) and keep it at home. Any help appreciated.
Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
513 Posts
2nd Chance.
Call a few good (BIG) locksmiths in town. I can't remember but I think I had mine done by a company on West Sahara.

You are welcome to come to the European Motorcyle Owners breakfast every Sunday Morning at Henry's American Grill at 237 N. Stephanie Drive , Henderson we start showing up at 7 and get thru about 9

Most of the time we have 30 + riders.

The EMO web site is emolasvegas.org

2004 K1200RS Piedmont Red

·
Will ride for picts
1,645 Posts
Sierra BMW in Sparks had no problem cutting me a replacement key. Did it on the spot.

Bazra, I rode with the EMO's back in 2007 on a ride to Mammoth. It was supposed to be a joint ride between the Las Vegas EMO's and Reno/Sparks HighBeemers, but I was the only person from Reno that showed up... you weren't on that ride, were you?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the ideas. Looking into the suggested locksmith on Sahara this afternoon and possilby a big truck lease dealer if no success with the Sahara suggestion. I'm also going to Reno next week for a one day visit, maybe I could stop in and see the dealer there. Sierra BMW correct?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bazra,
I have thought about coming to the morning breakfast several times. Sunday is usually occupied with a visit to my local church. Maybe I could stop by if I can get my butt to church on Saturday afternoon then I could make it. I have a teenage daughter, not driving yet, thank God, but my plans on the weekend right now revolve around her calendar. She attends a school that has most of the kids driving in from different parts of town. They all try and get together on the weekends. Nice to know there are brothers here in town. Nice avatar.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Will ride for picts
1,645 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
rhhall said:
Sierra BMW in Sparks had no problem cutting me a replacement key. Did it on the spot.

Bazra, I rode with the EMO's back in 2007 on a ride to Mammoth. It was supposed to be a joint ride between the Las Vegas EMO's and Reno/Sparks HighBeemers, but I was the only person from Reno that showed up... you weren't on that ride, were you?

I sure was there. I was the guy who stayed at the other hotel about 1 mile away.

·
Registered
513 Posts
2ndChance said:
Bazra,
I have thought about coming to the morning breakfast several times. Sunday is usually occupied with a visit to my local church. Maybe I could stop by if I can get my butt to church on Saturday afternoon then I could make it. I have a teenage daughter, not driving yet, thank God, but my plans on the weekend right now revolve around her calendar. She attends a school that has most of the kids driving in from different parts of town. They all try and get together on the weekends. Nice to know there are brothers here in town. Nice avatar.

I think we have met a LV BMW.
I am the handsome EMO member.

Barry Allen, aka The Flash.

i have to use Bazra on this site someone stole my real name.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Flash. Found a locksmith today, like you said, just off of West Sahara on Lindell, Stanley Security Solutions, formally Liberty Lock and Safe. $5.00 a key. Thanks again.

·
Registered
223 Posts
bad info

2ndChance said:
Thanks Flash. Found a locksmith today, like you said, just off of West Sahara on Lindell, Stanley Security Solutions, formally Liberty Lock and Safe. $5.00 a key. Thanks again.
The guy in oklahoma city sold me a pair and told me where to go get them cut, he lied and would not refund my money ,,nor would his owner ,, I now have 2 blanks and feel stupid for buing from the stealer in town ,, he ofered me 50% back or some more of his over priced stuff... I said that would cost them , and the owners boy was quick to is that a theat? no ,, but it will still cost you ,, if I buy a s1000rr it will not be there ,, or any -thing else from oklahoma city bmw ,,, joe

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
joesflashdog said:
The guy in oklahoma city sold me a pair and told me where to go get them cut, he lied and would not refund my money ,,nor would his owner ,, I now have 2 blanks and feel stupid for buing from the stealer in town ,, he ofered me 50% back or some more of his over priced stuff... I said that would cost them , and the owners boy was quick to is that a theat? no ,, but it will still cost you ,, if I buy a s1000rr it will not be there ,, or any -thing else from oklahoma city bmw ,,, joe
Probly that money they made on the key sale was the only thing keeping them afloat...What the hell does customer retention mean anyway....DOH!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Joe,
Did Okc send you to mayfair lock to have them cut your key? They cut two for our 04 RS, and GT. Fast and courteous. As I recall they are North on 44 to May exit.
Trigger

·
Registered
223 Posts
where he said

trigger said:
Joe,
Did Okc send you to mayfair lock to have them cut your key? They cut two for our 04 RS, and GT. Fast and courteous. As I recall they are North on 44 to May exit.
Trigger
I went where I was instructed to do by the parts person , ALTHOUGH ,I was informed about the the keys being of a hard enogh metal to damage a common cutters and it could not be done by them or any place that I ask , and was told , they did not have the required cutter to do the job , I was dressed well and had looked around at some of the bikes, after telling of buying my old 2000 k1200rs on ebay I think had something to do with decisions by okc bmw ,,, by to them I will FLY go get a s1000rr in 2 yrs or so seems ,,, lets see ,, be good and ride carefull .. a squid bit the dust when a van pulled into his path in okc lately,,, put your gear on ,,, flying low ,,, die-ing slow,,,joe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts