BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R & 2021 Vespa Primavera clown paint job
911 Posts
Hey, I have one of those. Get ready for some serious fun. Welcome and enjoy your new monster touring sport bike. Save a little money for tires which you will need every 5000 miles. ;)

Reactions: Matt3573

·
Registered
345 Posts
You are going to love it. I would have a shop check out the turn signal controls. I never had an issue, but the dealer did mine as part of a recall even though I bought the bike used and it was 5 years old. I’m not sure what the glitch was, but I now have the latest version at no cost to me.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congratulations, you'll love it, except perhaps the maintenance.
I have a 2015 Motorsports model, which has a lot of stuff fixed on it by the factory compared to an 09. Make sure all the recalls have been done.
Here are some random bits of advice:
1. Run 38psi in the front instead of the recommended 36. It will track more accurately in turns.
2. Get a Booster Plug installed. It will mostly fix throttle response issues at low throttle openings and help cure a flat spot around 4000 rpm.
3. Replace the horn. WIth anything.
4. I had a mechanic add Powerlet outlets in each front fairing panel. I plug power to a radar detector into one of them, but can use the other for my electric vest.
5. I put Grip Puppies on (neoprene sleeves) to make the small diameter hard handlebars more comfortable. Best $12 I've spent on the bike. And the heated grips still work.
6. I put a Kaoko throttle lock on mine, and I don't like it. I almost never use it, and it's uncomfortable on the edge of my right hand. The k1300s sorely needs a cruise control.
7. I've run Pirelli Angel GT tires on mine since i wore out the stock M3's in 2700 miles. I've been very happy with them. I'm on the GT II version now.

If you ride with a tank bag I can tell you how to fix an unfortunate wind ripple that may come up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts