BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, i just bought a '07 K12GT with 91K miles. The gentleman i am buying it from has all the service records and states that the bike is great. Here are the things i know that has been done as of right now:

One owner - bought new 2007
Garage kept
91K all highway miles
New Rear PR-04
Sargent Seat
Cee Baily Shield
Cam Chain and Tensioner
Throttle Cable
clutch replace May 2014

Can you guys suggest things i should look for or contact the dealer who did all the service work and ask them? I have been looking for a "newer" K for some time. I have a '87 K75 and a buddy with an '03 K12RS. I have wanted his bike for years...lol. Anyway, i found this deal and i believe i got it for an incredible price. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome to the asylum :teeth

With one owner and one dealer, all the recalls should be done.
I still would check though.

07s had both air boxes, late ones the new, a check to make, lots on the old one problems in here.
Has anything done about the flat spot at 2800-3200 rpm, power commander, powerfreak, or ??

cam chain jump guard, based on chain and tensioner should have been done

Use the cruise control, mine keeps thinking it is in Germany on the Autobahn and likes to cruise in the triple digits

·
Registered
62 Posts
brianhinton said:
Okay guys, i just bought a '07 K12GT with 91K miles. The gentleman i am buying it from has all the service records and states that the bike is great. Here are the things i know that has been done as of right now:

One owner - bought new 2007
Garage kept
91K all highway miles
New Rear PR-04
Sargent Seat
Cee Baily Shield
Cam Chain and Tensioner
Throttle Cable
clutch replace May 2014

Can you guys suggest things i should look for or contact the dealer who did all the service work and ask them? I have been looking for a "newer" K for some time. I have a '87 K75 and a buddy with an '03 K12RS. I have wanted his bike for years...lol. Anyway, i found this deal and i believe i got it for an incredible price. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated :)
At 91K, I'd check for leaks and play in final drive. Also, check front and rear suspension for leaks, too.

·
Registered
357 Posts
At 91k I would put it in a museum :teeth

·
Registered
677 Posts
1. Get $2,000.
2. Put it in a safe place
3. Ride until something breaks.
4. Spend the $2,000
5. Repeat until bike is sold.

·
Registered
357 Posts
lhendrick said:
1. Get $2,000.
2. Put it in a safe place
3. Ride until something breaks.
4. Spend the $2,000
5. Repeat until bike is sold.

There's that New York "charm" :D ...........but, there's a ring of truth to it :yeow:

·
Registered
677 Posts
:D A great bike nevertheless, but not for the fainthearted.

·
Registered
752 Posts
robday said:
Also check the front ball joints.
Fer sure. If they haven't been replaced at some point then I would bet they're almost certainly toast. Put the bike up on the centerstand so that the front wheel is off the ground and grab the wheel carrier ('fork') legs at the bottom and try to move back and forth, there should be zero play. If there is any play at all then the ball joints likely need to be replaced.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it!

Well, I drove over to Atlanta to pick her up. I have since been a thousand miles and truly love this machine. My fiancé and I have named her Grace. We took our first out of town adventure this past weekend and I'm ready for the next one!

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
Ride it and enjoy! Congrats, welcome and safe riding.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I like the lighter colored side/tank panels of the dark toned bikes better than my darker ones they put on the lighter shade bikes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts