BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Thumper,

That's not a spot of dirt I see on the front fender is it? :wtf

N ;) ice ride. Welcome to the "elite" group of KGT (the next generation) owners.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thumper said:
Hello Everyone!
I just checked in to this elite group.:confused:

I bought my 2006 K1200GT last week.

Here's some pictures of my bike.
I have to say that I really like that color bike. I have the crystal metalic which I love but I really wanted at first the graphite.

Anyway.. welcome. It will be fun to read what you think as you explore the new world. I had a 2002 R1150RT and later a 2005 R1200RT and I have to say that my GT just really kicks ass.

Yes, you'll want a new seat though. :)

What are you going to do for a tank bag?

And are you getting the Navigator III? I have highly endorse it.. such an improvement over the Navigator II.

-mark=

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome to the crowd Thump and thanks for the pics. You'll find several recent threads on seats (mine is the latest) and tank bags. Since it's so new a model the farkles are few and far between, but hotly debated here!
Cheers, Greg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MarkMGT said:
I have to say that I really like that color bike. I have the crystal metalic which I love but I really wanted at first the graphite.

Anyway.. welcome. It will be fun to read what you think as you explore the new world. I had a 2002 R1150RT and later a 2005 R1200RT and I have to say that my GT just really kicks ass.

Yes, you'll want a new seat though. :)

What are you going to do for a tank bag?

And are you getting the Navigator III? I have highly endorse it.. such an improvement over the Navigator II.

-mark=
Who do you recommend for a seat?

I have a Big Mac tank bag from the RT that works just dandy. If a navigator3 is a GPS I have a Garmin Quest 2. I was told I'd have to buy some sort of a special electionic box to wire in all my gadgets.

Any suggestions on GPS and Radar mounts? I had a shelf on mty RT, but there's no room for a shelf on the GT.

Any help would be appreciated

1 - 13 of 13 Posts