BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all you who responded with thoughts on the Chicane bags. I ordered a Canyon EX tank bag and a Summit tail bag today. I didn't catch the guys name but he was great on the phone. Answered a bunch of questions and said he would have it out today. Should see them in a couple of days. My 03 RS is at my dad's, but when I get it and have the bags on, I will shoot a couple of pics and post in the gallery for whoever wants to see. Thanks again for you help in making my decision. John

·
Registered
167 Posts
Chicane Bags

Hey JMertz.

I'm also thinking about getting a set of those bags so it would be helpfull to see how they attach and look on your bike. I have an 04' KGT.

Thanks, Fletch

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Their Great

FletchTech said:
Hey JMertz.

I'm also thinking about getting a set of those bags so it would be helpfull to see how they attach and look on your bike. I have an 04' KGT.

Thanks, Fletch
If you will email Lee, he has pics that you would enjoy.

·
Riding in company
292 Posts
I got a Summit tail bag and like it a lot, but was unhappy with the supplied mounting gear. They give you a length of stretch cord and some cheesy plastic end/clip things which I couldn't make work. I bought some 3/4" nylon webbing (much harder to find than 1"), some velcro, and dug out the sewing machine. I made straps which go to the bag holders and to the bracket for the rack. That's clear, right? The bag goes on and off in a moment and it's dead solid. I've seen pics of other installations with the strap going under the seat too. I think the bag looks cool on the bike. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts