BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
Hi, John.

I cleaned up your IMG links, I hope you don't mind.

Thanks for posting those pics and the link to the I-BMW discussion. Very interesting . . .

I had a lot of trouble with my K12GT clutches (yes, multiple versions over 138,000 miles). Several final drives, too, but that's a whole different story . . .

My K13GT clutch definitely worked much better, but there may still be some room for improved oil flow there. Got a buddy in Milwaukie with a nice little shop full of machine tools, so the mods would be pretty easy to do.

Might have to look into this the next time I tear that bike down.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks

jb63,
Thanks for the link on the clutch issue, one of the more interesting reads in a long time.
My '07 KGT is at 48k miles and has the "squawk" but otherwise the clutch engages ok,
I think I'll try the oil-flow improvement mod. Appears to be a good preventative measure.
Thanks again for getting the word out.
SM

·
Registered
677 Posts
I did it and works fine. No noise.
Excellent. My "squawk" must die! Thanks to all for the good work on this issue. I look forward to getting this done.

Reactions: AndresLang

·
Registered
2 Posts
I added the additional oil hole in the clutch basket and installed a Barnett clutch pack at 14,400 miles in my "new to me" 08 K1200GT. The squawk is gone as well as the low speed judder. Its a million times better, though it still clunks hard going into 1st gear. Maybe someday I'll get around to addressing it but, for now I'm going to ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts