BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
riding home .. 85 K100 68 K. Fill up with gas and bike dies and will not restart after about 5 mins riding. PO says fuel pump does not sound like it is whirring ( turning on ) when you hit starter. Do not have manual yet. What direction do i go. There was one 7.5 AMP fuse blown which i replaced but i could not find main fuse, HELP!!! thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
Check the connection at the right forward underside of the tank. Mine had the habit of coming loose for a while.

Frank

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
frank- there is a connector on the left ( as i am setting on the bike) underside forward of the tank that seems a little loose. or is this visually something you have to tank off to see?

·
Registered
196 Posts
jeffhestand said:
frank- there is a connector on the left ( as i am setting on the bike) underside forward of the tank that seems a little loose. or is this visually something you have to tank off to see?
Not usual to have to pull the tank off to check that connection. It just pulls off straight down. I did it on my RS on the side of the road, just removing the "kneepad" between the fairing and tank. I used a very small pointed pick very carefully close the female pin sockets just a little so that it gripped the pins tighter. Haven't had a problem since.

Frank

·
Registered
1,804 Posts

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
A fuse does not blow for no reason, something is wrong.

Electric fuel pumps can clog/seize/burnout causing a fuse to fail. Are you sure the fuse you replaced is still good?

It's not that difficult to locate the fuel pump connector underneath the plastics. Put a voltmeter on it and check there is 12 volt when the key is first turned on (the priming cycle). The volts will not be there again until the engine is running. If there are volts there at key on and you hear no noise then it sounds like the pump is faulty. If there are no volts at key on then you most likely have a faulty fuse or pump relay.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts