BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery seems to last about 3 years maybe less on my K12 here in mild northern Cali. I checked my usual sources and $83 seemed the typical price. I finally got annoyed at spending so much for so little battery and looked around. I found this chinese battery for $42 out the door. It had some poisonous reviews mostly about the short battery post bolts and cheesy nuts instead of a hassle free screw in design. I found that these reviews were BS. I removed the slightly longer bolts from the old battery and they fit the new cheesy nuts and in about the same time installed my battery a week ago. The bike has started just fine with all the indications of a mighty strong battery! I’ll see how long it lasts but considering that i could buy 2 for the price of 1 from the place i usually dealt with plus free 2 day shipping. The poles and size were exactly the same. Heres the amazon link.

·
Registered
2009 BMW K1300GT
435 Posts
I used wheel chair batteries for my R1200RT - UB1200.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Where did $65 come from? And does that include tax shipping I just checked amazon at $75 pretax with free shipping, so $42 is still pretty good.
I have never managed 7 years from a k12s battery. Its a garaged bike usually on a battery tender! You must be doing something right!
Now my Swedish Optima full size batteries last 10-12 years or more on my boat where i also have 2 of them but those are pretty special batteries. I regularly drive my bike all year round in California so it doesn’t sit. I use the tender in the wintertime mostly since i wo’t ride in the rain anymore!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just removed a Shorai and put the above Weize in. Rated at 235cca, tests at 200cca; bike starts easily.
thanks for the heads up :)
Greg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess you have to check prices now with every purchase instead of settling with one supplier for years. I buy many of my service parts from one place with pretty good deals but the regular replacement battery for $80 + just started to annoy me! Like any biz you get good deals on some items and others are their cash cows or they never updated their suppliers for cheaper costs just like their buyers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts