BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had said that I wouldnt ever put an aftermarket can on the GT, didnt think they really suited this type of bike, well I changed my mind, partly to do with aesthetics, bloody bazooka that OE thing, plus it was getting a bit battered...... so, went for the Remus Okami, Remus' budget option, £295 all in.

Love the looks, but yeah, with the baffle out, my god it makes a racket, nice, but not really in keeping with the Turbo Sofa, as I call it

Feel free to look through the album, a few pics from last years Stafford Show.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I;ve had a Two Brother's can on mine since I bought from the PO a year old. He also gave me the OEM unit. I have no idea why (except for the cost) anyone would leave that original can on the bike. Ugly and heavy. Of course its been said that the weight savings is really insignificant compared to the power the bike has but when I'm two up with luggage all the savings helps.

Try starting it up sans the can on at all. SWWWEEEETTT...but noisy. :rotf:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I kinda like the chrome bazooka look.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Paint it olive drab and put bomb fins on it, that would be the, ummm, bomb.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The reason to leave it stock?

I have 5 bikes and 4 of them are Kawasaki's with full aftermarket exhaust so every now and then a quiet bike that still runs well just hits the spot.

Of course when one reads what the 13GT does with a slip on and Power Commander it looks impressive

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd like to throw down $1200 for an Akrapovic but that ain't gonna happen. Even $500 for other exhaust is quite expensive in my book for a simple slip on. I might eventually do it but coming from a 600cc bike to this I'm quite pleased with the power.

Looking through the pics, the bike in #'s 17 & 18 doesn't look like the seat is very comfortable at all. At least I wouldn't want to ride it like that.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, heres an update,

Ive put the OE can back on, my initial thoughts were correct for me, doesnt suit the bike, even with the baffle in a bit too noisy, but even more so the bike didnt run as well, it put holes in the midrange and it would hunt alot on tickover, the backfiring on the overun was fun at first but soon became a bit embarrasing, never mind, ebay me thinks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
That's weird... I bought a titanium Remus (older"oval tipped" version) and slapped it on the Big K and couldn't be happier. Not sure what you mean by hunting at tickover but I don't get any popping on decel and it runs like a raped ape. Not too loud but loud enough to tell you what it's doing, even with the tunes cranked and the earplugs in...

Love the proper literbike sounds it makes, the stock can is way too quiet for my taste. To each his own, I suppose :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts