BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
K1200r, K1100rs,K100rs, F650,GSX1100
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I'm from the Netherlands, I've been a K-bike rider for over 15 years and I absolute love them.
My newest K bike is a 2005 K1200R with quite a lot of miles (136.000kms or 85.000 miles) but is is running very strong, very powerful and very reliable (apart from the fuel sensor ofcourse).
I've mounted a K1300 exhaust, bar-end mirrors, extra foglights, a small wind deflector and a wireless mobile telephone charger/holder. The ECU is flashed for more smoothness at low revs and for more power at www.tovami.nl which I can highly recommend.

I've also got a K100RS from '84 that I got in parts for free 15 years ago. I use it mostly to haul my homebuild sidecar around. I've build this sidecar 6 or 7 years ago, it's a leaning sidecar so I still have to lean the bike around corners.

I'm building a 50's looking bike out of a crashed K1100rs to replace the above K100 to have a bike that fits with the sidecar.

And I've also got a F650 that I use for offroading and I've got a streetfighter Suzuki GSX1100 from '84 that I build 20 years ago.

As said, on my K12 the fuelstripsensor is broken, I've already purchased a K1300 float sensor and now I'm looking into the whole software thingy that you are supposedly to change to have the computer accept this.
There seems to be a lot of information and knowledge on this forum so instead of just lurkin I thought it might be a good idea to join.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Glad to have you here, Hellracer! I have to say, I'm very impressed with your fabrication skills. That's some nice work on the sidecar and the K-RS frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts