BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, I guess this is my first thread to the forum.

My name is Martin, from Barcelona, Spain, a nice place to ride a wonderful 2005 Silver GT the whole year....Thanks for keeping this useful board to the responsibles.

I´m considering to buy the GT Hard Topcase (Despite the fact of someone else loosing it...I will pray hard), and got one question:

Looking at the top case possibilities, there are 2 hard top cases for the GT, the black one and a new one in "White Aluminium" color.

Since this new white one is a lil bit more expensive than the black, I started thinking that this is a different top case, like the R1200RT or so, finished in aluminium, but I can´t see any picture on the Internet, and after asked BMW, they said that they don´t have any picture of this product.

The Black top case BMW code is: 31-LITER TOP CASE - Black 71-60-7-681-189 $360.00
The White one is: 31-LITER TOP CASE - White Aluminum 71-60-7-693-702 $449.00

The question is, does someone has one of these White Aluminium Top case ?
It is a different shape than the black one ?
It´s a different way to attach it to the bike ?
Any picture ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have had my black case for about a year with no problems. I never take it off. Each time I ride the bike I give the top case a shake to make sure it is well connected to the bike.

If a silver case was available I would have bought that since it would have blended better with the capri blue bike.

Regards

·
Registered
19 Posts
Top Case

Hi Martin! I installed the large (52ltr) Givi rear hard case on my GT and it's solid as a rock. It survived my friend tugging and yanking on it , trying to open it without pressing the 'open' button. (He bought some antique do dads and didn't have room on his Ducati SS so I was pressed into action as the group mule)...I never take it off the bike...I've loaded it up with gear, groceries, laptop and briefcase and never had a problem...I know you asked about the BMW case but I wanted to share my thoughts on an alternative...My top case is currently flat black. My pal has an auto body paint shop and he's going to spray it soon to match my Orient Blue GT.

I hope I can enjoy the great riding I hear so much about in Spain...I was looking at a tour with IMT possibly next year...happy riding and good luck with your choice of a rear case!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I saw a picture on the old site and I belive it was the same case as the black.
Extra cost because it is painted??

·
Registered
240 Posts
dobent4 you have to have the BMW rack for the case to fit to, so when the case is off, you would have the rack

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry to tell you this Howard, but, the black and "white aluminum" debuted at the same time in teh 2005 Catalog.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The white aluminum case is the better choice if you want to paint the lid to match your bike - the black one has a textured surface that complicates painting, plus you need a really good paint shop that knows how to prep, prime, and paint plastic to give a durable result.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts