BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please Forgive Me I Am New To This Forum And Also To Bmws. I Have Been Lurking In Here For A Couple Of Weeks And Got Interested In The Gt. I Was Quite Surprised When I Called The Closest Dealer( 80 Miles Away) He Had Just Received A New Gt And Said I Could Have It. So I Bought It Yesterday.

After Riding It Home I Need To Know What Kind Of Mount You Would Recommend For A V1 Radar Detector, I Belive I Am Going To Need All The Help I Can Get.

Also, Is Adjusting The Handlebars As Easy At It Appears .

Thanks For Any And All Help Or Suggestions As I Said This Is My First Bmw And It Is All New To Me.

Dave

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks For The Information I Like The Idea Of Mounting It In Existing Hole, I Am Mechanically Challenged, Everything I Touch Seems To Need A Professional To Put Back Together.

Dave

·
Registered
433 Posts
messenger13 said:
I like Tech Mounts, aka 'Spider Mounts'. They fit in the hole that's already in the handlebar control assembly on each side. I used them for my cell phone, iPod, and FRS/GMRS radio.

Which one do you use, and do you by any chance have a picture of it?

·
Registered
135 Posts
messenger13 said:

ZTechnic's p/n is Z6100.
You'll have to talk to Sean at Cycle Gadgets for their p/n, I forget which one it is.

Attached is a crappy pic of my setup. (Since taking that pic, I have upgraded my ChatterBox FRS to an Icom FRS/GMRS.)
Hey Joe,

Nice digi-pix. Looks really good!

Did you use Dual Lock (super hook/loop available at Radio Shack) to keep the electronics on the mounts or some other method??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts